Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wrapping Time!

Christmas has arrived at our house! Today I wrapped presents for about two hours and I had everything wrapped until we went into town - but, the good thing is, I am FINISHED!!!!! I'll have to wrap what I bought tonight tomorrow and I have a couple of things that still need to come in that I ordered on line. After that, I'm DONE!!! I can't believe it! I started late, but I finished strong. Now, I just hope everyone likes what they are getting. I don't think that I have that one "WOW!" gift this year - sorry girls. Crystal always says that I have one gift each year that I sit back with a Cheshire cat grin on my face - but I don't think I have one of those this year. Oh well, maybe next year!

We went into Outback tonight - first time we have been since we got down here. Outback is Dan's absolute FAVORITE restaurant. He had his usual Outback Special (I had my Alice Springs Chicken). Half of my dinner is in the refrigerator for us to eat tomorrow - but Dan ate all of his. Of course, he is a big guy so he always finishes his dinner. It was a good dinner and we enjoyed ourselves.

We talked to the people sitting behind us because they were talking about just getting home from a cruise. They were on the same cruise line that we will be going on in January - but not the same ship. We are looking forward to the cruise. It will be nice to spend some time with Carol and Neil and just having some "us" time without the pups. It's almost like when parents need a break from their children - we need a break from the pups. I wouldn't take a million dollars for the girls, but there are times that I look forward to being away from them for a little while. I'm sure you will understand.

When we left the restaurant we saw a kitty cat running across the parking lot and hiding under cars. Well Dan, with his big heart, couldn't stand that. He believed that the cat had been thrown out and it just hurts him. So, we stopped and got some food out of the back of the truck (yes, we keep spare animal food in the truck - canned). He put the food out and then we pulled away in the truck and watched for a few minutes to see if the kitty would come up and eat. After we pulled quite a distance away, the cat did head toward the food. We just don't understand how people can just dump an animal - if you can't take care of the animal anymore at least take it to the animal shelter where it will at least have a chance of being adopted. Well, at least that is our opinion.

We're watching the Colts and the Jags play - has been a really fast first half. Both teams are playing really well - Payton is great - he hasn't missed a pass yet - something like 12 for 12. Of course, I'm for the Colts and Payton - this is really funny in a way - I didn't like Payton Manning when he played college ball - I'm not a real fan of the Tennessee Volunteers but Payton is a great player and I have come to respect his ability.

Well, I don't have much else to report - all you guys that work for the school system - one more day to go until you are on Winter Break - I'm sure you are all saying YEAH! Just take it one day at a time and enjoy your time off. For all of us that are retired I hope you are having a wonderful week. Those of you that are still working, one more day and then it's the weekend - enjoy! To everyone - take it easy and ----------------------------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. One more day...then I start a new adventure! Is it normal to have second thoughts and wonder if I'm doing the right thing, making the right move? Only time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is VERY normal - anything new is a little frightening. (Just ask me - leaving everything you know for the unknown). Just take a deep breath and enjoy the new adventure. (BTW, your Dad says that we don't go on trips we go on adventures - be open to all you encounter!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green wrapping paper and the bows are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...