Monday, December 28, 2009

"Home" Again

I checked Dan out of the hospital in Sebring this morning after packing the inside of the unit. Yesterday I would not have been able to get everything done without the help of those in the campground and my kids. I will forever be grateful to Mike and Richard for going above and beyond by dumping our tanks with the blue boy. Crystal, Kim and Melissa worked so hard to get all the other stuff packed up - including all the Christmas decorations. Kim worked on getting the "garage" taken down and packed up - as well as getting other things outside packed up. With everything they did all I had to do today was pack the inside - you know all the stuff that you have out when you are set up in one place for awhile. I had that all done by the time Dana, Mark and the girls got to Sebring this morning.

While I went to the hospital and checked Dan out they got the unit hooked to the truck and was all ready to go when I got back. We finally got back to Dowling Park around 6:30 this evening. Mark got the electricity hooked up and the water - we put the stabilizer jacks down and that's it. We didn't even bother to unhook from the truck - we can do that tomorrow. I know that we have friends here that can help if Dan isn't up to it.

I have made a doctor's appointment for Dan at 1:30 tomorrow. I was able to get a copy of Dan's labs before we left Sebring, but that's all they would give me. The hospital said for our doctor here to request the records and they would fax them or, if I wanted them, I would have to pay $1.00 a page and it would take a couple of hours. I decided to get him out of there and leave. I'll get the doctors here to request them.

I have fed Dan (a bland diet - baked chicken, yellow rice, and green beans). Then he took a shower (which he said made him feel better) and has gone to bed. He said that he was completely wiped out. I told him that I was NOT going to set the alarm clock tonight and that we both were going to sleep until we woke up. No hurry. When we get up - then I'll worry about what I'm going to feed him and then sometime tomorrow I will have to go to the store. That's okay, I know that it will all work out. Oh, and sometime in there I have to check us in to the campground (which I didn't do since the office was already closed by the time we got here). It will be fine - first things first.

Well, that's all I have to report today - except to say that Dan did open his Christmas presents today after we got here. I still haven't opened mine (will do that later - plus I already know everything I got - a pair of shoes and a Wii Fit game). I'm going to sign off for tonight and I will let you know what the doctor says tomorrow.

Talk to you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...