Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Too much frozen food!!!!

After work today Dan decided we needed to go in to Wal Mart and pick up a few things. We were out of some of our vitamins and supplements that we take and I knew we needed things like bread, milk, even cereal and eggs. Anyway, we went in and walked out with over $250.00 worth of groceries (well, we also bought some large crates to try and consolidate some of our storage issues). We did pick up some frozen stuff - individual pizza's, some frozen dinners, ice cream (Dan's Butter Pecan), some skinless, boneless chicken breasts, ground beef, and smoked sausage. Didn't seem like that much in the store - until we got home and I remembered how small our freezer compartment is (and this one is twice the size of the one we used to have). I was somehow able to get everything in - only had to take out the ice trays and the "blue ice" package. Not too bad! I told Dan, after we got home, that we needed to eat out of the freezer for the next few weeks - we probably don't need to buy anything except fresh stuff - you know, bread, milk, eggs, butter - you know, that kind of stuff. We'll see how that goes.

Today at work things were okay - we weren't too busy and I was able to fold and stuff about 300 brochures to give out to people who come into the park. It is amazing how different the rangers are - and what they expect me to do as the volunteer - some want me to do everything except check campers in and out (that's because it's on a state run computer and you have to have a password) and other don't want me to do anything but greet people coming into the park and take admission fees. It's crazy - actually I like it much better to work with the rangers who let me do whatever needs to be done at the time instead of having to wait for them to do something. I understand not getting on the state computer (I really don't want to do that) but the other stuff can get kinda silly. Oh well, I've learned what to do with certain rangers and what not to do with others. Plus, we only have about four more weeks to work - that is amazing to me.

We need to figure out what we are going to do about Christmas this year - I don't know what the kids want and I haven't figured out the budget yet (Dan needs to sell the motorcycle!) so I know what we will have to spend. I'm sure we will figure it all out in the next couple of days.

Well, I really don't have much else to report - Oh, Dana, Congratulations - which position did you accept???? You guys take care and

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I took the first position I applied for - Acute Care. That is the one they said I would learn and see a lot of different things! Good timing..we learned Saturday we need a WHOLE NEW septic system! Will cost about $3000 - $4000...In situations like this, I would prefer to have a landlord! We could dig up the barrel that was by the trailer if things get real bad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the septic system but glad you decided which position to take - We both know that you will be fantastic in your new job! Oh, if you tried to dig up that barrel it would probably crumble to pieces from rust! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom, i just want to see you for christmas, no presents necessary. but if you need hints, just ask kim. apparently she bought what her mom and her brothers are going to give me last week. i guess she is full of ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...