Friday, December 4, 2009

Rain, Rain and More Rain!

Today was a total wash out - it has rained all day long - and it is suppose to rain all day tomorrow. Now, we have heard that this area really needs to rain - and Dan says that he would much rather have it rain on our days off then on the days we have to work. Why, you might ask - well, Dan has to be outside all day when we are at work and he doesn't want to work in the rain. Makes sense to me. It is suppose to clear up by late tomorrow afternoon and be nice on Sunday - our first day back at work -who would guess that we would like the rain on our "week end". Such is life.

We went over to Melissa and Justin's tonight to watch a movie - "Angels and Demons" with Tom Hanks. I had read the book and let me just say that the movie takes great liberties with the plot line of the book - oh well, I guess that is just Hollywood. I will say that it was a pretty good movie (especially if you had not read the book), but I thought the book was actually the better of the two. However, it was nice to spend a quiet evening with the kids with nothing to do but sit and watch a movie. We took over some frozen individual pizzas and everyone had one of their own. It worked out well.

Tomorrow I am going to fix chili in the crock pot - not only is it suppose to rain all day it is suppose to be pretty cool so I think chili will taste pretty good. Of course, we have to big game tomorrow (although I don't know what time it comes on). I'm sure we find out and sit right here and watch it. It should be a good game.

I think I left my phone at Melissa's - at least I can't find it and I know that I put it in my pocket before we left to go over to their house. I don't know if it fell out of my pocket while I was sitting on the couch or if I took it out and laid it down somewhere that I don't remember. Anyway, I guess I'll have to drive down there tomorrow and look for it.

Well, I don't have much else to report - oh, Dan and I did go into town today as we needed dog food - we also went to Books-A-Million and ordered a copy of the new Milepost (which is the book about the Alaska highway) and I also bought a copy of "Going Rouge". Then we stopped at the music store and we bought a copy of Susan Boyle's CD "I Dreamed A Dream" and it is excellent. It is a very unique mix of music, but each song is done beautifully - she certainly has a wonderful voice and I wish her much success,

That's all for tonight ----

Talk to you tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I really look forward to reading your blog each night. I'm disappointed if I sign on and it isn't there yet. Right now it doesn't look like we're going to get over to AP and Sebring. There's so much going on here and we have a camp-out scheduled at Alafia River with our group. Darrell took our RV to Lazy Days yesterday to get the windshield and back-up camera replaced before we go again. We're getting lots of rain here, too; but at least it's not -9 degrees like my sister said it was in Raton, NM, this morning! She said the pipes broke in their only supermarket and the roof caved in. Keep blogging; we really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Rick and Brenda who met you at Johnny Sack's cabin right after we had left them last summer. I enjoy your writing and know right where you are now. We lived in FL on two different occasions and my Dad is in Punta Gorda now. We are going there for Christmas. Just wanted to shout "howdy" from the great state of Texas.
    Donna R and Skeetshooter on irv2.com. www.donnarogers.blogspot.com
    P.S. We go out for long stretches in our Hitchhiker to get out of the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...