Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things don't always go the way you want them to

Football has a way of not going the way you would hope that it would - sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I guess it's the same in life - but people seem to get more pleasure in putting a losing team down -not because they played hard and tried, but because they lost, or because someone doesn't like a certain player, or coach. I have to admit there have been times I have done the same thing (can anyone say Steve Spurrier), but, with age, comes some wisdom and I realize that it's not the best option. I now know that you can celebrate the victory of your team without putting the losing team and that teams players down. I think that is called sportmanship. That is the same in college ball as well as pro. I will strive to practice what I preach - so if you hear me falling into that "put down" trap, please correct me. Now, let's move on.

Today was slow at work - only about ten people checked out today and only four people checked in while I was at work. But my OCD definitely kicked in. We have these brochures that have to be folded in thirds and then we stuff them with flyers that we also fold in thirds. Well, when I went into work today someone had folded the flyers and brochures and they were not straight. Well, that just won't work - so I spent all morning refolding all the brochures and all the flyers and then restuffing them. The rangers laughed at me, but they appreciate that I am particular with what we hand out to the public. (At least I think they appreciate it -LOL.)

After work I came home and we decided to spend the afternoon in - so Dan cooked some hamburgers on the grill for lunch and I fixed beef and bean burritos and Spanish rice for dinner. We just spent the day watching football and I did some 'farming' (Farmville is certainly addictive). At least the weather has cleared up - no rain today - we had over four inches of rain on Friday night and about six inches on Saturday - lots of rain! However, we needed it - it had been really dry. I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do for Christmas - I should have spent the day balancing the books, but I can say "should have, could have, would have" all day - the point is I didn't. I'll just have to force myself to do it tomorrow because I'm sure I have bills to pay.

Well, I don't have much else to report - I didn't mean to "preach" at the beginning of the blog - but I needed to get it off my chest. I won't talk about it again. I hope you all had a good weekend and that your upcoming work week will go well. Crystal and Kim, I hope your party went well - I'm sure it did.

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...