Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We're almost done for another week!

Well, we have one more day at work this week and I am so glad! This week has just been the slowest ever - today was as bad as yesterday. No one is coming into the park - I really don't know what it is for sure. As I said yesterday, I am sure part of it has to do with the construction in the park but I think another issue is the season. I have been told that things will pick up after Christmas - the thing about that is we leave on the 31st - actually our last day at work will be on the 30th so that will give us a little time to get things packed up and ready to go. Now, usually when we were in our 'sticks and bricks' I wanted to leave the decorations up until the 1st of January - but Dan always wanted to take everything down on the 26th of December - his thing is - "Christmas is over - take everything down" - well, I think he will get his way this year. If we are going to be leaving on the 31st we have to get the tree down, decorations packed away and into the store room down in Lake Placid PLUS get everything packed up and ready to go by the 31st. Some of those days we will be working - so that will also cut down on our time to get ready. So that is some of the things that we have to keep in mind. Christmas is on Friday and we will have Saturday, but then we have to be back to work on Sunday. Oh well, I'm sure we will work it out somehow.

I have so much to do and just don't seem to have the time to do it - I still have not sat down and balanced the checkbook and paid the bills on line (I HAVE to do that tomorrow) - I also need to buy Christmas - IF I'm going to do stuff on line I need to get it done in the next couple of days or the presents won't be here in time for Christmas - so that is on the MUST list. I also need to sit down and write my Christmas letter and address the Christmas cards so they can get in the mail. See, I told you that I have a lot to do! Now, I just have to make myself to do all this stuff.

As I said at the beginning of the blog today - work was slow again - I have folded all the brochures and flyers that have been put in the ranger station and I have stuffed ALL of them. I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow, but I'm sure we will find me something to do.

I think we will go down to Melissa's house tomorrow afternoon/night - she got the new Harry Potter movie (which I have not seen yet) from Net Flix and so we'll go down and watch that. (See something else that will take away from my list of chores, but I don't mind - I want to see Harry!) Oh, the pain of choices! No, really - I will work it all out - Dan says IF I would stay off the computer I could get everything done, but how can I stay off the computer when I have to buy things on line and pay bills on line. That's okay, I'll figure it all out - I have faith!

Well, I hope everyone is having a good week so far, and ------------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I keep trying to tell people that this retirement thing is busy. When I was trying to schedule my cataract surgeries I had to take my calendar. The doctor looked at it and said "I thought you were retired." I said "I am. Retirement is busy." So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think dan means "if you would stay off of farmville, you would get everything done..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farmville was down yesterday - so that can't possibly be what he means!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the Harry Potter movie today from Netflix also! Looking forward to watching it...probably this weekend (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was certainly different - Not my favorite. But it was still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...