Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Last Work day this week

Today was b-o -r -i -n -g at work - nothing happening - since the walking loop is closed due to cutting trees to enlarge the bike path - a lot of our "regulars" did not come to the park today - it really made for a long, long, long day. The only good thing to say is - No more work this week (yeah!).

Tomorrow I'm going in to Lake Placid and visit Melissa's classes. She told them about our travels this past summer and they asked her if I could come in and show them pictures and talk about what we did this past summer - so, tomorrow that's what I'm going to do. I was going to do this one day right after we first got here, but that was when I got that flu bug that was going through the park. Anyway, it should be interesting tomorrow - I know I have plenty of pictures to show them. The biggest thing will be deciding which pictures NOT to show and staying within the time frame that Melissa gives me. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I came in tonight fixed dinner - lo mien chicken - it was pretty good. Like I said last night - we really need to eat at home for quite a while - we keep talking about what we are going to take with us to Alaska - we are really worried about what will be available to us and the price of food in Alaska. I want to take as much with us as we can. Which means that we need to look at storage items that will keep things fresh - I mean things like rice, dry beans, etc. We'll see - it will definately be something to work on.

Did I tell you that we decided that part or our problem is the grocery stores (as well as other stores and restaurant's) are just too close to us. When we were in Idaho the grocery store was 60 miles away - so we made the trips count and we ate at home almost all the time. Now, the stores are 10 minutes away and it's so easy to just say "Let's run up to ---------- for dinner (you fill in the blank)". We are going to try and get away from that this month - and then when we get to Dowling Park for two months we will have to remember NOT to go to "The Gopher" every night. Of course, we won't be working in Dowling Park, so it should be easier to stay in (at least I hope it will be). That is something we will have to see.

Well, that's about all I have to report tonight. Hope your week is going well and

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...