Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It is so very hard for me to believe that today is the last day of the year 2009 - I don't know if it's because I'm getting older (probably not ?!?) or that we are so busy, but time just flies by. Dan and I were talking today about what we were doing a year ago today. Actually, we were here in the Village with NO idea that we would be full time RVer's in less than six months time. We were not even thinking about this lifestyle a year ago. We had just had a great Christmas with our kids - Crystal, Melissa, and Justin along with my mom and the kid's dad had spent Christmas day at our home here. Then a couple of days later Dana, Mark and the girls came up for the day. We spent a couple of days getting all the Christmas decorations down and then settled in to watch some football and spend a quiet New Year's Eve together. Boy, how things can change in a year, but some things are still the same. We are all settled in and ready to spend a nice quiet evening together - just Dan, the girls and I - watching some football.

Dan is feeling better everyday - we actually walked around the block this evening. He did a little work outside (got the sewer hooked up) and I helped him get the outdoor carpet down and the chairs out along with the grill. His appetite is getting better also, but he is still watching what he eats - not only the fat content, but the amount as well (no second helpings). If this little episode will help him realize that he might need to lose some weight maybe there is be a silver lining to this thing. Only time will tell on that one.

I spent the day straighten up things - I rearranged some things in the kitchen and in the pantry. I hope it will make things I use frequently easier to get to. I also FINALLY made the file will all the paperwork on the new unit - those of you who have bought a RV will understand about all the paperwork you get (the manuals and warranty information). I had been talking about making a file with all the manuals and paperwork in folders so it would be easier to find IF we ever needed anything - well, I sat on the floor today and got it all put together - YEAH! I also changed around a couple of the overhead compartments - some areas just needed some tweaking - hopefully it will make things easier for us.

Tomorrow, between football games I would like to empty out the basement and get it rearranged and put back together. I'm not sure if we will be able to do this one or not - and not just because of the football games - it might be raining here (Boo!) and it is suppose to turn really cold (I'm talking about the 30's as a high). I find that hard to believe - it has happened here before, but not very often. I do know that IF it does rain and it is really cold - all we have to do is wait a couple of days and things will be in the 50 - 60's again.

If I can't work outside - I'll try and get all the bills and financial stuff caught up and get the "little black book" caught up. I really need to do better with keeping track of the finances then I have done in the last few months (actually since we left Idaho). Maybe that will be the new years resolution - stay on top of the finances better.

I also want to get the Wii set up on the TV here - I really do want to start back using it and I do have the new game to use with it. I'm not sure who I can get to help with hooking it up, but I'm sure I can find someone.

I also forgot to let you know of the other presents we received - we got a book named "Off the Beaten Path" that talks about places all over the US that are not visited very often - we have actually been to some of them. We also got a photo album, we both got clothes from my mom along with a beautiful crystal moose sculpture that just fits on one of the shelves. Everyone catered to Dan's dream of our Alaska trip with books and magazines on the state - and I also got a couple of gift certificates to Barnes and Nobles so I can purchase books for my NOOK. (Did I tell you how much I love my NOOK???)

Well, I think I've bored you all that I need to for one day - Dan and I, along with our girls (the two legged as well as the four legged ones) wish all of you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all your dreams come true - as we say - SEE IT DREAM IT DO IT !!!!!

Talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that Dan is feeling better, Panceatitis can be very painful as Dan can attest to.
    We wish you and yours a very Happy and prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...