Friday, December 18, 2009

Rainy Day in Sebring

Today was one of those days that you just wanted to stay inside and snuggle in a comfy chair and just read. It rained and rained and rained - the leading edge of a cold front. It is actually suppose to get cold around here. Now, when I say cold it is all relative - although the weatherman did say that it was going to be down to 32 degrees on Monday morning (oh goody! just in time for me to go to work!). I will be very surprised if it does get that cold here, but it is possible. In 1983 - on Christmas Eve Day the weather was in the 80's; however, Christmas Eve night a cold front came in and it was 19 degrees when we woke up Christmas morning - and NO electricity. How do I remember this - my youngest daughter was only three months old. That was not a good time - but it was memorable.

Dan went shopping today- he informed me last night that he can not find the Kindle anywhere, so I guess that wish just won't work out. Oh well, guess it is not to be. I don't have any idea what he is buying me instead - but I'm sure there will be something under the tree - I did order myself the Wii Fit 2 game for my Wii gaming system. I just haven't gotten the game set up in the unit yet. Dan keeps saying that he will hook it up, but he hasn't done it yet. Hopefully, he will do that in the next few days - or at least by the time we get back up to Dowling Park.

I stayed home and got the house clean - I also wrapped the presents we bought last night. After Dan got home we had to go back into town and pick up a couple of things - like ribbon for the presents and the presents for all the dogs - we had to buy for a total of six dogs - Melissa's dog Brady, Crystal dog Madison, their dad's dogs Jasper and Jadey, and our two dogs Samantha and Jessie. We can't forget the pups - that's for sure! We were also looking for a lampshade for a lamp that we have on our dining table. We like to have soft light in the house and this was a nice small lamp - however, we can't find the right lampshade for it. So, we will probably have to look for something else. But, for now, this will work.

Dan says that he is done with his shopping and I'm just waiting for about four more things to come in the mail - good ole on line shopping. Once those come in and I get them wrapped I'll be done also! Unless, of course, my girls expect me to do the stockings. I haven't done anything for them at all, so that would require some shopping next week. I'm sure I will find that out this weekend.

I think that Melissa and I will go grocery shopping this weekend - I have already bought some things, but we still need to pick up the majority of the things we need. I expect to hear from Melissa in the morning.

Well, I really don't have much to report - Donna, I hope your eye is better and that you don't have any problems with your surgery. Dana, don't worry about the unknown - although it is always a little scary it is the only way to go forward. Remember - this is what you went to school for and you are going to do GREAT! Crystal, can't wait to see you next week - just be careful on the roads! Have a great weekend everyone and -------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...