Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warm Weather STILL!

It has been so unseasonably warm here - today the high was in the lower 80's - about 83 degrees. I know that this is Florida, but come on - it's the middle of December. I have lived in Florida for most of my life - I was born and raised in central Florida. It is true that I have lived in many different places from Los Angeles, California to Kansas City, Missouri, from Franklin, North Carolina to Chattanooga, Tennessee and I have seen a lot of different types of weather on Christmas. Even while living in Lakeland I saw weather from the teens to the high 80's on Christmas day - I even went swimming on Christmas day the year my parents put in our pool. I will even admit that I have turned on the air conditioner so I could have a fire in the fireplace when my children were little in Lakeland, Florida (of course, I don't know if that was for them or for me). However, I would rather it be a little chilly in December - I used to love it when Dan would build a fire in the fireplace in our log cabin when we lived in Franklin, North Carolina. It was so nice and cozy - a pot of soup in the crockpot and hot chocolate.

Now, the weathermen here are predicting a cooling in the temperatures here - the high is suppose to be around 68 on Friday - I guess that is better than the 80's. I am sure that there are many people who would love to have our 80's, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Plus, with our new lifestyle, if we really don't like it we can go anywhere we want in January. Maybe I'm just in a complaining mood - if so, I apologize to you all.

Today was another very slow day at work today - I don't even have anything to fold and stuff. I have folded everything I can find in the ranger station so now I just sit when I don't have cars coming in to the park. Tomorrow might be even worse - I think the rangers are going to have to close the loop road completely. For the last two weeks we have had one side of the loop closed while they were cutting trees down - they moved to the the other side Monday and they are suppose to start the paving tomorrow - the word is suppose to. We will see - I don't know if they will be ready since they spent two weeks on the right side of the loop road and they have only been on the left side for two days - I just don't see it happening. Of course the construction was suppose to be finished in October - do you notice the words that keeps showing up - 'suppose to be'. We will see what is suppose to happen tomorrow.

I want to say thanks to those that sent good wishes when I had my headaches - I have been better the last couple of days - just a mild throb today. It will get better and better - I have faith.

Well, I don't have much else to report so -----------------------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. even if the fires were for you, melissa and i remember. and i for one appreciate the sentiment. it certainly made it feel like christmas....also made the flocked fake tree not seem so out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Crystal, I didn't know you liked that "fake flocked tree"!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...