Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting it together - finally!

I think today was a productive day. I started this morning by ordering the calendar for my mom - I only had to do it twice before it would go through! Then Dan and I went into town. First we went by Office Depot and had the Christmas letter printed - I may have to create a "blog" version of the letter just so all my blog friends that I don't have mailing addresses for will be included. After we left there we went to a new restaurant to eat lunch - we were told about this Cuban place and it was GREAT!!!! We actually each brought home about half of each sandwich - well, Dan's was not quite half, but pretty close.

After lunch we had to go to Wal Mart (again). Dan needed to pick up some windshield wiper fluid and some replacement bulbs for the running lights on the truck. I also picked up some more ribbon for gift wrapping. We also bought a couple of shirts for one of the volunteers here at Highlands Hammock who doesn't have any family. Neither Dan nor I could imagine not having something to open on Christmas morning soooooo, we just picked up a couple of shirts for him and some Dingo's for his little dog.

Once we got back home I paid the bills online and started to balance the checkbook. However, in the middle of that Melissa called and I ended up going back into town with her. We went to Pier One (Melissa's, new favorite store - sorry Target), Books A Million (her second favorite store), Bed, Bath, and Beyond, then Lowe's. She bought some Christmas presents and a picked up a couple of things. Actually I found a couple of really cute candle holders at Pier One, a present at Books A Million, a couple of Yankee Candles at BB&B (I know, I have Christmas candles in Dowling Park, but there is no way we will get up there again before Christmas, so I had to buy a couple just for the holidays), and then a little something for Dan at Lowe's. On the way home we went by Sonny's and ordered a turkey to go along with the ham for Christmas dinner - we'll pick those up on Christmas eve day and warm them up just like we did on Thanksgiving.

When we got home I finally finished balancing the checkbook - then I addressed all the Christmas cards. They will be able to go in the mail tomorrow - YEAH! Tomorrow I plan on getting the laundry done, and the house cleaned up (you know the REAL cleaning). Dan and I talked about how we are going to buy each other's presents and we have decided that each of us will take the truck separately and do our shopping - it's the only way. I mean, we don't have a mall to go to and separate, so this is really the only way we can figure out how to do it. I don't know if he is going to go tomorrow or not - but he is talking about maybe going into Lakeland either Saturday or Sunday afternoon to see his girls.

We were suppose to go to the Christmas parade here in Sebring tonight, but we both forgot about it when I went to town with Melissa - we didn't get back until after the parade had already started. So we missed it. Melissa wants us to go down to Lake Placid on Saturday night for the Christmas parade there. She says it is better than the one here in Sebring - so I guess if we go to any Christmas parade we will have to go to the one in Lake Placid. If Dan goes into Lakeland on Saturday maybe I can call Melissa and see if she can take me back to town so I can do my "Dan" shopping. (I did order him something on line today, but it was really just a little something) Plus, I have to do all the stocking stuffer shopping.

I'm pretty proud of myself - I think I got a lot done that was on my list of things to do. I should be able to finish everything up, maybe, this weekend if I can get into town on Saturday (although at this point I have NO idea what I am going to buy Dan for Christmas). I'm sure I'll figure something out in the next couple of days.

Well, I guess that is all I have to report for today - Hope your week has been a good one and that you are all ready for the weekend. Take care and ------------------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I can't speak for Cara, but tell Dad that we will be in and out during the day Saturday, then Mark and I are going to his Christmas party from work Saturday night! We are taking the girls out Saturday for lunch to celebrate mom's new job. We are going to Seminole Hard Rock.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...