Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Work done for one more day

Okay - we finish our extra work day with no problems - we met some very nice people today - we weren't extremely busy which was nice because it allowed us more time to really talk to people about where they are from and really answer questions about the cabin. We met another couple that are not quite full timers, but they are in their RV about 6 - 8 months a year. They are actually from Gainesville which is pretty close to our old home in Dowling Park. We also met a couple from Lady Lakes, Florida - which is "The Villages" which many people know about. It was nice to talk to people from 'back home'.

We are looking forward to going to Virginia City tomorrow - I am really excited about this trip - I think it is more my type of trip than it is Dan's - He will be the first to admit that he is not a history buff, but he enjoys it once he gets there - case in point was our trip this past spring (before we knew that we were going to do this full time). We made a trip up to Washington, D.C. (even though we were not able to get out of the truck - we couldn't find a place to park since it was Cherry Blossom Festival time) and our trip to the Civil War battlefields including Gettysburg - we even went to Mount Vernon while we were in Washington DC. Those types of trips are my cup of tea, but Dan enjoys them too. Anyway, I am really excited about this trip to Virginia City - I will be sure to take many pictures and will post them tomorrow night.

Now, I told you last night that I had taken a picture of the volleyball net that the moose had the fight with - well..........


this is it. I thought you might enjoy seeing it.





Finally - I thought I would leave you with a couple of pictures of the wildflowers around here - The problem is, since I can't see the pictures that I have downloaded (see comment last night) I ended up downloading the same picture twice. Oh well - hope you enjoy anyway.


Well, I don't have that much to report tonight - we are eating in again tonight - Jambalya and Salad- Dana, I'll post more pictures of your Dad - hopefully with a fish!!!! (Right Joyce???) Speaking of Joyce - thanks for sending the mail again - we do appreciate it more than we can say. To everyone else, thanks for the comments - it helps keep me going. If you haven't left a comment yet, it's easy and we would love to hear from you.

4 comments:

  1. How did you come by the so called "job" that you have. Sure sounds enticing. Are you a member of Work kampers? Just wonderin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmmm, mom, make sure you aren't doing all your writing in HTML tab. that could be why you can't see the pictures. on the blogger main screen make sure you are doing all your writing in the "compose" tab.

    and yeah! SALAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should take the net down, bury it and place a tombstone that says 'Moose -1, Net-0)

    I love the flower pics and to see them twice is fine by me!!! Thanks for including them... they really are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark also like the picture of dad sitting around..he said he is jealous and wishes it was him sitting there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...