Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Boy!

So, here is the birthday boy! He is just sitting in his chair looking at a magazine. That is just about all he has done today - he didn't even go to the laundry mat with me - I even put his clothes away. Oh well, it is his birthday and he is entitled to just sit at least one day a year. He did go fishing yesterday evening. He didn't bring any fish home, but he said that he caught a "few little ones". Since I didn't go with him I will have to accept his explanation. He did say that he saw the cow moose crossing the main highway in front of him on his way home. That told us that we need to really be careful if we are out driving at night or dusk - you never know when a big ole moose is going to run out in front of you.


Now, I've been asked what football game I have been talking about - well, how about the Steelers and the Cardinals - is it the best game in the world, no - but it is football on ESPN - and guess who one of the broadcaster's is - give up???? How about Jon Gruden - you know, "Chucky". I was somewhat surprised to see him as a commentator. I also have horrible news - I now have a new team to hate - not only will I hate the Oakland Raiders and any team T.O. plays with, but I can now add the Eagles to my list. Why you might ask? Well, how about them signing Michael Vick to a two year deal. I don't think that person (and I'm being very kind by calling him a person) should not have been signed by ANYONE! I don't care if Tony Dungy is his "mentor". I like Tony but I am not very forgiving when it comes to Michael Vick. Anyway - I'll get off my soapbox now - it just allows me to rout against another team. That's okay.

Now, I did go to the laundry mat today - had four loads - so I spent $10.00 on laundry. You know it really isn't the money so much as the time that I resent. Maaybe resent is a little strong. I think it is a complete waste of time to have to go sit in a laundry mat and wait for your clothes to wash and then have to spend more time waiting for them to dry. At least when you have a washer/dryer at your home, no matter where you home is, you can do other things while the clothes are doing their thing. Even at most campgrounds you have a laundry mat on site and can go back to your 'home' and do something and then go back - you know not waste a lot of time, like just sitting in a laundry mat. Anyway, it's just something I will have to live with for awhile. I guess I'm just in a grumbling mood tonight. Sorry about that.

Well, I don't know what we are going to do tomorrow, if anything. We might just spend another day at home. At some point we are going to have to do the big grocery trip to Rexburg, but we will probably do that next week. I do know that we are planning to go into the park tomorrow evening and have dinner. So, I might not blog tomorrow night - depends on when we get home - so if you don't see something from me don't worry.

I'm so glad that so many of you saw the baby moose in yesterday's pictures - that was really a special moment. Now, before I sign off I need to answer some questions - Dennis - no, I didn't get a picture of the 'famous barn' - Dan didn't want to get out of the truck and do any walking - so I had to get out and climb through the fence to just get the picture of our "new" homestead. Plus, there were bison everywhere yesterday - also, there weren't any wildflowers on Signal Mountain. I was really sorta surprised - but a lot of the wildflowers have disappeared since we have quit have rain every day. Things are really dry around here - the humidity is at 20 percent right now and even when it rains things are dry in an hour. That's just the way the weather is here. Speaking of which - the high here on Saturday is suppose to be around 68 degrees with a low of 30. That's a little cool. Oh well, it will be fine just throw on a sweater and we'll be off to work.

Well, I'll sign off for now and go back to my football game - talk to you tomorrow (maybe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...