Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What in the World is this????

Okay - take a look at this 'thing'. Do you have any idea what it is??? Well, it is just down the road from where our 5th wheel and to tell you the truth it is a little scary. Have any idea? Well, maybe this will help ...........



Does this help? No, okay I'll tell you - how about a bear trap? No really, that's what it is - in fact there are three of them at the end of our road. (Actually this is the smallest of the three.) Before you ask, no they are not set up to catch a bear here - but I tell you the truth - it is still a little scary to think that they have that many bear traps ready to use. That is one animal we have not seen - we would like to, but from the safety of our truck. Not that I'm a scaredy cat, but those are some animals you just don't mess with. I would really like to get a great picture of a bear. I do have a couple of pictures from one of our trips into Yellowstone - but they aren't very close. If I am patient my time will come.

Today was the wiener roast at out neighbors place. Dan and I were under the impression that just a few people would be there and I made a small dish of pork and beans. Boy, were we wrong - there were over forty (40) people at this "little" roast. These are all people that Joyce and Kaye know from where they spend their winter - which is in Overton, Nevada. (This is about 80 miles from Las Vegas) close to Lake Meade. Joyce told me that this group has been together for many years and that they have two get togethers every summer. It was sorta nice to be included in this group even though we will not be wintering in Nevada, and we probably won't be in this area next summer. It was really an honor.

Well, we talked to the lady in Alaska again today and we got all the paperwork filled out and mailed to her. Now, we will just have to wait and see if we get the position. Dan also talked to the guy that handles the park we want to go to in Georgia - he is suppose to call Dan back. I would really like to have all this stuff lined up and on the calendar before we leave here in September. Right now, we know that we have the position in Florida for the months of November and December and we will be taking January and February off ( we'll be in Dowling Park for those two months)- then we're working on getting March and April in Georgia. We would take the month of May off (actually that would be a travel month) - IF we get the position in Alaska we would need to be there June 7th and would probably then work until August 27th. That would have the next year planned and I would feel much better if I knew what was going on and where we are going. We'll just have to wait and see if all this works out - if it does you guys will be the first to know.



I don't have much else to report - I think we are going to go into Yellowstone tomorrow and take the pictures that I have been wanting to take. Then I'll do laundry on Friday and clean the 'house'. We did go out to dinner tonight - we went to the Lakeside Lodge and I had Country Fried Steak with twice baked potato, corn and salad. Dan had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and a salad. I brought half of my dinner home and will have it tomorrow night - I'm not sure what I will fix for Dan, but I am sure I can figure something out - Dinner with tip was $40.00.

Hopefully tomorrow night I will have many pictures for you to see - just depends on the weather. Hope you guys are having a good week - I know that school is getting ready to start down in Florida and you guys will be hard at work soon (I remember how hard it is to get back into the 'work' mode), but I hope that you will keep reading the blog and keep the comments coming. Dennis, I'm glad you liked the rail fence picture. I'm thinking about uploading some of the pictures to Walgreens and see if I can do some enlargements. We'll see.

Talk to you tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. We were there for 2 weeks and never saw a bear or moose. Y'all are set up b etter than we were. That is nice.
    Hope you get the Alaska assignment. You sound really exited.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...