Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Work

Believe it or not - we had orientation today! Actually the weather was not bad and the temperatures would have been nice except for the wind - that wind was wicked!!! We went over all the paperwork that we needed to and then we did a halfway tour of the park - some roads were still closed due to the snow and then our ranger that took us had to be in a meeting at 1 - so we didn't see everything, but enough that we will be able to function. We were back home by 1 and then we decided that we would come up to the Lodge to eat lunch (we hadn't done that yet). Oh, did I tell you that, on the days that we work - and today was a work day- we eat at the Lodge for 1/2 price?? Well, we came up and ate and it was less than $9.00. We have decided that it might be a good idea to eat our big meal in the middle of the day and eat light at dinner. At least, we think we will give it a try and see how that goes.

After lunch - we went home and spent a little time with the pups. Then we left for Gainesville to see if we could find a booster for my air card. We found the Verizon store and they recommended an antenna that will stick on the window right beside my desk (on the outside of the unit). Of course, they didn't have any in stock and had to order it - but it should be here in 2 business days (which hopefully will mean Friday!) I am really hoping that this will solve the problem we are having. It is somewhat tiresome coming up here every night to post, plus I really can't do my "farm" justice. All I do is harvest and send gifts to my neighbors - I can't take the time to do all the things I should be doing - like visiting their farms and fertilizing for them (okay - those of you that don't farm don't know what you are missing!) Anyway, I have already been up here two hours and I have done just the bare minimum that I need to do - and I never go to my other games. Oh well, hopefully this will fix the problem and I can get back to doing what I need to do. Seriously, I do need to get on line to do our banking, pay our bills, and do research for future jobs. There are more things I do then just play games. But right now I have a hard time getting anything done. However, IF I have to come up here then I'll just have to do what I need to do.

Right next door to the Verizon store was an Atlanta Bread Company - so we just HAD to go get some Cinnamon Raisin Bread and then we went to the Home Depot (which was right next door too). Dan wants to build a contraption outside that will have a light in it that he can attach to the picnic table and beside his grill. I think we could have bought an outdoor table lamp for less than what the parts for this thing he wants to build cost, BUT it will give him something to do when we aren't working. After Home Depot - we came back home. I spent a little time in the unit before I came up here to do my posting.

Well, they are getting ready to close up the restaurant - so I guess I need to close for tonight - I hope that you guys are having a great week - thanks for all the comments and for understanding my plight! Stay warm and------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...