Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Blind Side

I guess I'll just start naming the blog for whatever movie we are going to (or have) watch(ed) that day. So, as you can tell from the title, tonight will be The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock. I have been wanting to see that movies since we were down in Sebring, but I just never got the chance. I even thought that it could be a "girls night out" movie when my oldest daughter Crystal and Kim came down to Melissa's for Christmas - then Dan had to go and ruin all our plans by getting sick and going in the hospital - silly man. Seriously, I was not able to see it while we were down in Sebring and the movie came out today - we were lucky enough to get it this morning when we took back the other movies. (Also rented 2012 - will watch that tomorrow night)

We had to go into town first thing this morning - as we ran out of propane yesterday afternoon while I was trying to cook dinner. I had two burners on the stove going (one for the spaghetti and one was browning the meat for the sauce when the fire went out. Dan went out to turn to the other tank and realized that both tanks were empty. (Oh what am I going to do with that man???) Anyway, he took the pot with the spaghetti outside and put on the grill and I got the electric skillet out and did the meat and added the sauce - it all turned out good (except the bread - I had one of those refrigerated loaves of bread that I tried to cook - but it was over six months old and it just didn't turn out. I had bought it while we were still in Idaho and it had gotten put in the back of one of the drawers and I forgot it was there. Anyway, it ended up in the garbage.) The rest of dinner turned out okay - we just had to improvise a little.

The rest of today has been somewhat of a wash - it has been really cold here today - the wind has been bad out of the northwest - cold! If you weren't in the wind and the sun was shining it wasn't too bad, but that wind was wicked! I did a load of clothes and got them all put away. Then I straightened up the house. I also bought a couple of books for my nook - I like to get a couple at a time, so I don't have to worry - when I finish one I can jump right into the next one. I have sorta gotten hooked on J.D. Robb murder mysteries (don't ask me why I'm into murder mysteries - I have been for a little over a year now - just different authors - first Mary Higgins Clark, then Box, now Robb). I sometimes go to something different - like I read Stephen King's "Under The Dome" and Michael Creighton's "Pirate Latitudes". Also "The Lovely Bones" (okay another murder mystery) and "Dear John". I've even read a couple of books at the store here in the campground (I don't want to take my nook down to the store). Anyway, I've read a few things since getting my nook for Christmas.

I really don't have much else to report - we did go up to the Lodge for dinner tonight - you just can't beat the price for the soup and salad bar (although I didn't have soup). Tomorrow we work again - morning shift. Will probably be another slow day as there is no one in the park. Oh well, maybe Jessica will have bought the candy to stuff the Easter eggs with for the Easter egg hunt. Anything to keep me busy. I'll let you know tomorrow - right now it's off to watch the movie.

Hope you are having a good week, and ----------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in...letting you guys know I'm still reading! Things are ok here....could be a lot better! Whoever said "you reap what you sow" wasn't kidding and it totally sucks!

    Talk to ya'll later!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...