Monday, March 22, 2010

Julie/Julia and Snow

Today it snowed. No, it did not stick to the ground - I mean the temperatures were up to seventy on Saturday so the ground was too warm for the snow to stick - but it snowed off and on all day. Just a spit every once in a while and then it would come down really hard - in fact, this morning, it was snowing so hard it was almost like a blizzard - no seriously! Anyway, it was "colder than kraut" today (this is an expression of Dan's and I have no idea what it means other than it was really cold today)! I'm just ready for the temperatures to get a little warmer - I really don't want it to get hot, but a little warmer than forty would be very nice.

Tonight I am watching Julie/Julia and really laughing - this movie is really cute. I just love Meryl Streep and she is so very talented! Not to mention Amy Adams - she is so cute!!! Anyway, I think I really like this movie and would go and buy it to add to the collection (our vast collection of about 20 DVD's).

I know that some of you will be surprised that I did not go up to the Lodge tonight to watch TV - the season premier of Dancing With the Stars was tonight, but I decided that I could watch it on the computer tomorrow - I can just be a day behind. I'm not looking to vote for anyone any time soon - if it gets to that point then I start going down and watching it, but I really don't see myself being all involved in this year's cast - no one I like. Oh well - it''s okay. There are other things to occupy my time.

We got a new work schedule today. You know that I asked that we have the afternoon of the 23rd, all day the 24th, and the morning of the 25th of April - well, on the new schedule our last work day will be on April 22nd and we are scheduled to leave on the 23rd. This was somewhat of a surprise to us, but it will work out okay. We are thinking that we will go ahead and move down to Fort Yargo State Park for the weekend and then leave from Atlanta on Monday, April 26th. We would then start on our way on our great adventure! Well, we will see how it goes.

Well, I'm going to sign off for tonight - I hope that all is going well. Melissa - make sure you let me know what the doctor says tomorrow! Everyone else take care and --------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...