Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ordering stuff

Today was the first time we had to order our medicine since we have changed insurance companies - or I should say the School Board changed the prescription provider. We used to have Walgreens mail order and that was a piece of cake. However, for some reason, we were changed to a company called Medco (I had never heard of them before). We were told that the transition would be seamless - that Walgreens would transfer all our prescriptions over and there would be no problems - yeah, right! As I said, I called today and, you guessed it, there were problems. Believe it or not, the new company had my prescriptions (all three of them - from my hormone, to my Boniva, and even my migraine medicine) but NONE of Dan's medicines - which are much more important than mine. Anyway, to make a long story short Medco requested that Walgreens send the transfer over and hopefully we will have his medicine the end of next week to the middle of the following week - I should have mine the first part of next week. Now, if this just works out it will be amazing!

After we got all this taken care of we went over to the store (where I will be working) and were trained in "Nature Bingo". This is one of the programs that the rangers do and they wanted some of us trained in case they run into a problem and need some help with school groups etc. It really didn't take that much time to get trained and I didn't mind at all.

Then it was off to Cleveland for our run to Wal Mart and pick up a few groceries - I know some of you might wonder why we always go to Wal Mart to buy groceries instead of a local grocery store. Well, at Wal Mart we can find just about what ever we are used to getting anywhere in the country. There are a few things that we have a problem finding once we get west of the Mississippi, but for the most part the stock is the same. So we picked up a few things and then came back home where I finished up the laundry that I had started before we left and fixed dinner. Oh, BTW, one of the things that we bought was a Brita Water filtration pitcher - we have decided to try and be a little greener and not buy bottled water - We'll see how that goes.

We also got a call from the RV dealer - they received that part they wanted to replace on the unit - so they are sending it to us UPS and Dan will replace the circuit board and then we will send the defective one back to them. That should also come in next week. So, we should be getting a lot of stuff in the next couple of weeks - from the booster for the air card, medicine, and now the circuit board. WOW! Someone might actually think we are popular or something - NOT!

I don't know if I have told you lately or not, but I sure do hope that this booster antennae works - I am getting tired of having to come down to the Lodge every night to do what we need to do on the computer. I don't get half of what I need to do done - I don't have a printer attached (and it would a little difficult to bring my printer down here to the Lodge), and I don't like to be away from the "house" all night long - as it is I'm here about 2 hours checking email, blogging, and doing the minimum on the "farm". I just hope this thing works so I can stay at home!

Well, I'm going to sign off for tonight - Dan and I have to work tomorrow and Sunday - we'll see how that goes (in fact, I'm suppose to finish up my training tomorrow afternoon). I hope you guys are having a good week and ------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...