Thursday, March 18, 2010

Steak and a Movie

This morning Dan went with Tom (one of the other hosts) and worked on a project here in the park, while I was busy cleaning up the house again. I guess when you live in such a small space you mess it up faster than you do a larger house. It doesn't take long for the house to get messy if you don't put things away when you are through with them - and to tell you the truth, Dan has a tendency to not put things away. But that's okay, it gives me something to do. After I got things straightened up I put some eggs on to boil so I could fix egg salad. Then I made a couple of phone calls that I needed to make - like to Quest Diagnostic to get them to update the insurance information.

After Dan got home, he warmed up some of his roast from the other night and I fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (the egg salad wasn't finished yet). Then it was off to the store. Our first stop was the local store - Betty's- just to check it out. We had never been in the store and we had been told it was a good store. Well, 'she' had a little of everything and had a BEAUTIFUL meat department. We ended up buying a couple of rib eye steaks that Dan is going to fix on the grill tonight - I'll fix the baked potato and the salad - Yummy!!!

The next stop was Ingles - Dan had been told that they had a great video department so we thought we would check them out. In fact, they had a fabulous video department. Then I just had to find out what their procedure was to check out video's. Actually, it is very easy- you just need to have in Ingles card and show your driver's licenses. We now have two movies - Up In The Air and Old Dogs. Dan has been wanting to see Old Dogs for a long time - and we both want to see Up In the Air with George Clooney. I have a list of movies that I want to see - from Julie, Julia to The Blind Side. They had about 5 or 6 on the shelves we want to see, but only want to check out two at a time - one for each night. The Ingles store is a 24 hour store (which I didn't know they even had) and it is on "our" side of Cleveland - meaning we don't have to drive all the way through town like we have to do when we go to Wal Mart. Dan even said he wouldn't mind going to this store for groceries instead of always going to Wal Mart. So, I guess we have found a new store for groceries, at least while we are here.

Our last stop was Wal Mart (of course). I had a couple of movies that I needed to return - bought movies that I had duplicates of (What Women Want and Sleepless in Seattle). Then Dan needed his Bayer Back and Body and we looked for a nice spring plant to put on our table outside. After we took care of that we headed back home and I decided I would go ahead and do the blog so I can relax tonight and watch the movie.

Tomorrow is our last day to work this week - and we work the morning shift. It usually is a much easier shift - you don't have to worry about the closing paperwork. We've had quite a few campers come in today. I don't know if that will make a difference in the business I will have in the morning or not - only time will tell. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I hope that you guys are having a good week - only one more work day for those of you that still have to do that little activity. Remember "YOU CAN DO IT!" Take care ya'll and --------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...