Sunday, March 14, 2010

Franklin, North Carolina

Today, just for the fun of it, we decided to drive up to Franklin and just look around at our old "stomping grounds". Plus we wanted to see how long the trip was - we might be able to go up for church on Sunday mornings. Well, we found out it is only about an hour and a half away - so church would definitely be do able. To tell you the truth - it was really nice to be back in the neighborhood. We rode around town (not too much has changed) there are some new places to eat (fast food) and a new performing arts center that really looked nice. We rode out to our old neighborhood and went in and looked around. We went up to the cabin to see if Bob and Debbie happened to be home - they weren't, but we left them a note - so maybe they will get in touch with us. We also rode up to the road that our "big" house is on and went to Marge and Jim's house - I sold them the house when I was in Real Estate back a couple of years ago. They are actually Dan's daughter's in-laws. Anyway, they have moved up to Franklin full time now and so we dropped by to see them for a few minutes. We didn't stay long and then we came back home. We were gone about five hours total - three hours round trip and then two hours there in town. Not too bad - it was a good way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

After we got home I just spent some time on the computer doing what I normally do - some "farming". I also looked up some stuff for Dan - I ordered him four books on line so maybe that will hold him for a little while. We are finding it difficult to find the books that I got him hooked on - if I had known that it was going to be so difficult finding these books I never would have bought the first one. LOL!!! At least he is reading - just wish he would read books that are easier to find!

We didn't do anything else today - tomorrow we work - 11 to 3. At least we don't have to go in until late in the day and we are the only shift working. Right now there are not that many people in the park - I have only seen a couple of RV's so I don't know how busy we will be. I think I will take my book with me just in case!

Well, I don't have anything else to report tonight - I hope you all had a great and restful weekend. Have a great week ahead and-----------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...