Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow in the mountains!

Early morning snow!
Around 8 this morning - across from our unit.


Around 10:30 down by the store.


Around noon - up from the unit.

Well, I tried to do something today - but it didn't work. I had written the blog at home in Word and I was going to come in and cut and paste it to the blog - but it didn't work. I guess that it is in a different format - anyway, it wouldn't paste to the blog - it would paste back to documents but not the blog. Oh well, good try.
The major story for today was the snow! As you can see from the pictures above we had quite a bit of snow today- it started around 4 this morning and didn't stop until around 5 this evening. Dan says that we probably got about 4 inches total - it was beautiful! Big, huge, wet flakes most of the day - with pretty heavy snowfall at times. However, most of the time it was a nice steady snowfall. Dan and I walked around the circle and I took pictures with the cellphone camera, but I haven't downloaded them to the computer yet - I did take pictures with the Canon and the Panasonic - some of which I posted at the beginning of the blog.
We also walked over to the store as I was suppose to have more training today - however, when we walked over to the store no one was there. I do have a key now, so I went in and called the Lodge and asked. I was able to talk to the General Manager of the park and he told me to enjoy the day - no training today and probably no orientation tomorrow. (DARN!) Oh well, such is life and we will just have to take it as it comes. I can tell you, it was a beautiful day and we both so enjoyed the snow.
We are the only people down in the campground in our section. Our neighbor host had to take his motor home in to have some work done it on so he pulled out early this morning before the roads got bad. So now we are the only people there - there is only one camper in the entire park and he is over in the area that has full hookups for the campers. Oh well, it does make for a nice quiet day.
As I said, I probably will not have orientation tomorrow - so I don't know what our new schedule will be - guess we'll find out later. I really don't have much else to report - I hope that you all had a good day and that you are warm and safe. Oh, one thing before I sign off - The Bachelor - now, while I may not like the decision he made (I liked Tenley better) it is HIS decision and one that he will have to live with - IF he is happy then God bless them. BTW, I am happy that Ali will be the next Bachelorette - I really like her! Okay, enough of that. Everyone take care and--
I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...