Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dinner

Today was a pretty good day at work - we actually had some people in (okay just a couple, but at least that is better than Monday) and I actually had a deposit! The next time we work will be on Friday morning and I'm not sure if we will be busier (weekends are usually busy - and this weekend it is actually suppose to be warm - 69 degrees - and sunny - that will be amazing since all it has done is rain, rain, rain!). Also the park is hosting a special event this Saturday - an astronomy thing - and we should get some people in for that. However, since we are working Friday morning I don't think we will get the business from this. The people that come in for the weekend usually show up Friday afternoon/evening - so, I don't know how busy we will be on Friday morning. We do have a few more people in the park today - I think about six different units came in during the day. I guess things are looking up. (Oh, in case you are wondering, I didn't have any problems closing up tonight - maybe I'm getting the hang of this thing!)

I guess you could tell from the paragraph above that it rained here again today - I tell you what - this has been the wettest winter/spring I can remember. It rained almost the entire time we were in Dowling Park (January and February) plus it was COLD! It has rained here at least four days out of every week. Today was not a down pour - just a cold drizzle - but it sure did put a kink in doing anything outside. Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday are suppose to be nice and then rain moves in again Sunday. Such is the cycle right now - I'll just be glad when things clear up some.

Dan and I planted some daffodils out by the camp host sign yesterday - and we have a pot of daffodils. I just love that flower - it sure looks like a bit of spring in the air when you see their pretty yellow blooms. I can't help but smile. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow and post so you can see the campsite - I don't think I have done that since we have been here. If the weather is half way decent I'll get a couple of pictures for you to see.

We went to the Lodge for dinner tonight - I had the salad bar and Dan had the soup and salad bar. It is really good and the price is very reasonable. It's the first time we have eaten up there this week - I'll fix spaghetti tomorrow for dinner and Dan will eat off the leftovers from his roast on the campfire the rest of the week.

We will probably run into Cleveland to the Wal Mart store (where else, right?) to pick up Dan some Bayer Back and Body - his back is still bothering him from the painting the other day and he says these seem to help the best of any thing he has tried. We might also check out the movie rental places and see what you need to do to be able to rent movies - there are a couple of movies we want to see (Blind Side and Old Dogs to name two) and we are too cheap to buy them for $20 when we don't know if it is something we would watch again. We'll see - I know that they have one of those boxes at the Wal Mart store, but those are for only overnight and sometimes we don't want to have to go back into Cleveland every day. I don't know - we'll look and see.

We got our mail today from the mail forwarding service - it was really quick service- I called on Monday to have them send it and we got it today. Plus, it was really nice not to have to sort through all the "junk" mail - they do it for us and throw all that stuff away - that is worth the price of the service right there!!!! So far, I have been very satisfied with the service. Let's see if the level of service continues.

Well, I have pretty much caught you up on everything going on around here. Melissa, drive carefully on your way to Lakeland this weekend and give Aundrea a big hug for me at the shower! Cara, I hope you are feeling better. Everyone else - take care - and ----------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...