Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainy Day in Georgia

Rain, Rain, Rain - all night, all day, and suppose to continue tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. It sure does make good sleeping weather, but I do have things I have to do sometimes. Today I did a load of laundry - then we went to the grocery store. We didn't go to the local store - Dan was working on some stuff outside (in the rain) and when he finally came in he had to dry off before we could go anywhere.

When we finally left to go to town - he wanted to go to Cleveland to the Carhart store (don't ask me why - he didn't buy anything and he certainly didn't need anything!) and then to the hardware store. Now, this was one of those stores that has just about everything in it including the kitchen sink. They actually had the clamp Dan has been looking for, so I think he will be able to finally finish his outdoor lamp (this thing has cost a small fortune!) tomorrow after work. Then we walked into the local drug store - it has a lunch counter and all kinds of neat things. Finally we headed to the grocery store.

Because of the weather I decided that I would make homemade soup tonight for dinner and there were a few things I needed to pick up to do that - so, our milk, eggs, butter, and bread turned into a full fledged grocery store run. That's okay - I won't have to worry about buying groceries for a couple of weeks now. Then on the way home a local bakery opened today for the first time this season and, of course, we had to stop. We bought some raisin cinnamon bread, some banana bread, and a chicken pasta dinner (that I will fix for dinner tomorrow night). Everything looked great and smelled even better!

When we got home, I put the groceries away and then started the soup. I also made some homemade bread to go with the soup. Not only did the soup and bread taste pretty good, it sure did make the house smell good! Of course, we have left over soup for lunch tomorrow (and probably for lunch a couple of other days) but the bread is all gone - Dan sure does like homemade bread!

Not much else happened today - we go to work tomorrow (we open) and then we won't work again until Monday. Hope you are ready for a nice weekend whether it's raining where you are or not. BTW - it's good to know that some people are indeed reading this - The China thing got a response from some of you. OH - you won't believe this one - another place in Alaska called us today and offered us a job. I had applied for it about four months ago (we were still at Highlands Hammock) and hadn't heard a word from them until today. He wanted me to take his phone number and if we had a change in plans to call him. I don't think so, but Dan says we can do it next year - at least it's something to think about.

Well, I'm going to sign off for now and go read. You guys have a great weekend and --------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing...still reading every morning! I was going to post a comment..then had a misspelling when I did! So I deleted that post and got busy doing something else, so I never got back to it!

    Everything is going well here...nothing new to report! Haven't heard anything else about that little piece of land, might give her a call next weekend and see what's up!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...