Monday, March 15, 2010

Slow isn't the word for it!

Today was our day to run the store by ourselves - shift was from 11 to 3 and we had exactly zero customers - that's right I said zero, nada, zip, no one! That was the longest four hour shift ever! I cleaned, I swept, I refolded merchandise, and I read. I went outside and watched the deer, I made a couple of phone calls. Anything to pass the time. Anyway, the shift finally ended and we were able to come home. Tomorrow morning we have a host meeting (I guess they have these monthly - but this will be our first one.) So, at 9:30 in the morning we will experience our first monthly host meeting.

I did give Ellen a note today asking to be off the afternoon of the 23rd, all day the 24th and the morning of the 25th of April, so we can go down to Atlanta for Mom's 80th birthday. We'll see how that goes. Dan is also thinking about trying to leave before the 29th. He says that whenever our last day at work is we will leave the next day - That would be after we get back after Mom's birthday. He has even said that IF we are scheduled to work on those last days that we will see if we can trade days with some of the other hosts and be off those days (meaning the 26th, 27th or 28th). We'll just have to wait and see what the schedule is and see what happens.

After the meeting tomorrow, Dan is going to work with Tom (one of the other hosts) and paint some of the trash cans and I'm going to clean house and do laundry. The laundry should take all day - I haven't done it in awhile and the laundry basket is full. We'll see how long it takes me.

Of course we work again on Wednesday afternoon and then again on Saturday morning. Should keep us busy this week.

I really don't have much else to report - we are watching a movie tonight - the TV is still not coming in well - I think it's because of the wind. Anyway, the movie is good and I'm going to sign off for now. You guys have a good week and -------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...