Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Being a Camp Host

Today we spent a lot of our day here in the park - Dan actually worked when we weren't on duty - he decided that he needed to get some of the fire rings on our "loop" cleaned out. So, he worked on that for a little while today - still need to do some more work on them and we'll do that probably the first of next week. We work tomorrow morning (don't know how busy we'll be in the store). I don't know if Dan will do anymore with the fire rings tomorrow while on duty or not, guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Tomorrow afternoon Neil and Carol should be here - they are only staying one night and one day - so we will have to make the time count. I'm sure that we will pack all kinds of things in to this 36 hour period (the least of which will be sleep)! I'll be sure to let you know what is going on.

We did go into town to mail the application to Texas and our tax return (I didn't want to wait until the last minute to mail it - even though we had to pay). Then we went down to Wal Mart to pick up a couple of things. We ended up getting some things in the RV department - including a water filter that fits on the hose outside. So far, I think I can tell the difference. Yes, I know that we have a Brita pitcher, but it is a pain in the you know where to keep having to fill it up and it cost a small fortune to buy new filters every two months. The replacement filters on the one that attaches outside lasts for six months - much more cost effective (plus they cost less). We'll see how it goes, but so far I like the new filter better.

We also met another couple that are full timer's - we talked to them for a little while in the store. They were going to go up to Franklin and spend a week and look for some property - they are looking to buying a place and "nesting" for a while - they have been full timers for 10 years. We gave them Ray's name (a friend of mine that is still in Real Estate in Franklin) and they are going to get with him and see what they can find. I wish them good luck.

I fixed chicken fajitas (don't know if that is spelled right - probably not) with Santa Fe rice for dinner - they were really good. Need to really watch what we are eating the next couple of days because I'm sure we won't stick to the diet for the next 36 hours. Oh well, we just have to really hit it this weekend.

Well, I don't have much else to report - I'll try and post some pictures in the next couple of days of all the things that are starting to bloom around here - forsythia is beautiful! The Bradford pears and crab apple trees are blooming - so things are starting to be a little colorful around here. Look for the pictures!

Hope you all are having a great week and--------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...