Friday, June 18, 2010

Things are a little quieter today

Well, our little resident bear has decided to go off somewhere else for a couple of days - he did this once before. When we first got here we saw him a couple of times and then he was gone (or at least we didn't see him for a couple of days). I'm sure he will be back and when he does, hopefully I'll be able to get a picture of him.

Today our big project was to pressure wash the bathrooms and showers on the Auto Loop - two buildings with two showers in the men's and women's sides and two bathrooms with two stalls in the men's and women's sides. It took about 2 to 3 hours to do both buildings but I don't think they had even been cleaned with the pressure washer before - Dan would use the pressure washer for a little while and then I would take over for a while - and we would transfer back and forth like that until they were all done. The person that wasn't using the pressure washer was sweeping or using the squeegee to get the water out. We had to leave the door propped open so they will get all dried out, but they certainly look much better. We'll do the other bathrooms and showers next week. We are also going to work on walking the campsites and making sure all the trash is picked up and the fire rings cleaned out getting ready for the weekend of the 4th. I told Dan the other day that it is my payback to have to pick up cigarette butts off the ground all over the park (I used to smoke and thought nothing of throwing the butts down on the ground). Oh well, I'll do what I need to do.

We have meet some really nice people here in the park - from all over the world. We have had campers here from Australia, New Zealand, Holland, France, as well as all over the US and Canada. Everyone (well, almost everyone) has been extremely nice and has really done an excellent job of picking up after themselves and keeping the campground clean. There are always a few that don't, but that is to be expected no matter where you are. Dan's "bone of contention" is people that throw beer cans and bottles in the fire pit. He says that he wants to develop a sign that says "No matter how hot you build your fire it won't be hot enough to melt your beer bottles or beer cans". We all have little things that get to us - as long as they are as simple as this to solve we don't have any problems.

Well, I think I will sign off for tonight - hope you enjoy the "new" look to the blog - we'll see how things go. For those of you that are still working your week is almost over - for those of you that are on vacation I hope you are enjoying yourself. Take care and -------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

  1. this is a new look for the blog. might need to put some more spaces in the title on the picture. i can't read the tagline anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look to your blog.
    We will be glad to get to cooler climes. We leave in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick and Brenda - Please keep us informed - we might like to do something in the northwest in a couple of years. Take care and drive carefully!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...