Sunday, June 20, 2010

Grocery Shopping


Today was grocery shopping day - we were out of a lot of things so we decided to go to Freddy Myers instead of Walmart. First thing was to get a reward card, which we did. Then $135 later we were out the door. We did buy some meat, but not that much - groceries are just way higher here. It's just something you have to get used to I guess - but you don't have to like it. Oh well, it's only for a couple of months.
Before we went to the grocery we went downtown - only two ships in port and one was one of the small ships. We had been talking about going into the Alaska Brewing Company Store in downtown- they sell clothes and accessories. (Not the beer). Anyway, we had seen some things in the store a couple of weeks ago when we were downtown and we decided to go back in today and get a couple of things. We got Dan a couple of hooded sweatshirts and I picked up a t-shirt, a hooded jacket, and a pair of sweatpants. (So, we now have my birthday and Mother's Day presents and Dan has his Father's Day present.)
Then we went to Cope Park - which is where the picture above was taken. This was a beautiful little park in the middle of town. A really pretty place to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. Then we went to the store. After the store, we came home and just spent the afternoon here at the house. I did a couple of loads of laundry and then fixed dinner - steak, baked potato and corn on the cob. Good!
Tonight we are watching a James Garner movie (an old one) called Streets of Laredo. I'm not that into it but at least Dan likes it. I really don't have much else to report for today - so, I think I'll close for now. Hope you all are having a great weekend. Take care and ------------
I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...DAD! I couldn't give you anything better than what you're doing now! Enjoy!! Love...Dana, Mark, Cori, Paige and Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...