Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another quiet day

Today was a quiet day here in the campground. Most of our campers left today - so the place is pretty deserted. The thing we are seeing now is people coming in and trying to reserve places for the weekend. We have had several camp spots with receipts on them with the date on the 30th - they can't do that. So, on one we changed the date to today's date and wrote a note on the receipt that "camp spots cannot be reserved". The other one had paid for a day but had left the receipt on the sign post with a handmade reserve sign - since the day had past (they paid for yesterday) we pulled the sign and the receipt. We will let the ranger know what we did tomorrow when they come in to do their rounds.

Some locals have told us that this weekend will be worse than Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day was just busy with a lot of people (mostly families) camping. However, this weekend will be people who want to party. The locals said that we will have the police in here taking people out for drunk and disorderly. That does not make me happy. Marc (the ranger) had said something about keeping the gate open this Saturday (the 3rd) since the city does the fireworks at midnight - I really don't think that will be a good idea. I just think that is asking for trouble. We will talk to him more about it as it gets later in the week. Actually, I think I will pray for rain - not just a drizzle, but a downpour all day Friday and Saturday - I wouldn't even mind it raining all day Sunday. I have looked at the weather forecast and it is calling for rain (all three days with a 70% chance or higher) so MAYBE the weather men will be right for a change. (Why am I praying for rain you might ask - well, if it is raining the locals stay at home - and those are here stay in their camp site and in their tent - and if it rains all three days - most of them will leave on Saturday - so RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!)

Dan and I cleaned the bathrooms and shower houses today and swept the vaults and put lye in the vaults. This will help with weekend traffice IF we are busy. We have one shower house that always is the dirtist - we could "GI" clean it every day and it would still be a mess - part of that has to do with the drainage system in the bath house - it was not installed properly so it doesn't drain well - which causes the floor to stay wet and so we get dirt and stuff on the floor. Then on top of that we have someone in that area that goes in the bath house and eats sunflower seeds and throws (or spits) the shells on the floor - another mess to clean up. YUK! Oh well, such is the life of the campground hosts.

Well, I don't have anything else to report for tonight - BTW the picture at the top of the page in the lighthouse out on Admiralty Island (where all the bears live). I took it yesterday while we were on the boat. Hope you had a good day - take care and --------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...