Saturday, June 12, 2010

Another Rainy Day in Juneau

Well, today was pretty much like yesterday - rain, rain, rain. All the locals are telling us "Welcome to Juneau weather!" They say that this is typical weather in Juneau - I really don't mind the rain - in fact I like rain - I don't like the cold and wind - the temperature right now is 48 degrees and the high tomorrow is suppose to be around 56 (with more rain). I know, I just can't be happy right? Well, I'm really not complaining - I do like the rain - and I have a rain coat to put on and sweaters to wear - so I'm fine. The pups aren't too happy - Jessie does not like rain or cold - she is so funny when she has to go out to potty - she just shivers and shivers! I think I'm going to pull her sweater out and see if she like it.

The campground is pretty empty - we probably have about 25 campers out of 69 spaces - and some of the spaces that have tents on them - you don't see any people or cars - don't know if they have gone home and will come back later and get their stuff or what, but as long as the space is paid for we just leave it.

This morning Mark (the ranger that hired us) gave me a big surprise - two tickets for a Whale Watching tour!!!!! Yep, it's a promotion for a hockey league and he gave us two tickets - I don't know if he had to pay for them or what but I am very happy!!!! It is for the June 27th and it lasts about four hours. I will certainly be looking forward to that and I'll be sure to take as many pictures as I can!

We have already done our rounds for tonight and Dan has just finished his shower - we are going to watch the last of our three movies Inglorious Bastards - another Dan pick. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it, but he sat through Last Chance Harry last night (which wasn't all that good, but don't tell him I said so) so I'll sit through his movie. I might even fix him some popcorn!

We also did my hair today - it was about time since we hadn't done it since leaving Georgia, so it was time. Other than that - it was pretty much another day to just stay inside and read. I didn't fix chili today - I fixed stir-fry instead. Chili tomorrow night fixed in the crock pot. I did a couple of loads of laundry (towels and jeans) while we sat in our chairs and read - Dan worked on Sudoku puzzles. That's about it.

Well, I think I have bored you enough for one day - I hope your weekend is going well and you are warm and dry where ever you are. Take care and -------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Paige got her birthday card yesterday! She can't wait to go cash it!! I think she already has it spent! She said "Thank you"! Hope you are enjoying every minute of your Alaskan Adventure!!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...