Sunday, July 12, 2009

My two little excavators

Friday I gave my little darlings a bath and just yesterday we put their Frontline on them and gave them their heartworm preventative. Silly me thought I wouldn't have to worry about them for another month. So, imagine my surprise and my irritation when cleaning the kitchen this morning and fixing our lunch I look out the kitchen window and see dirt flying. I look again and Jessie (whose butt is toward the camera) is waist deep (if dogs had waists) in a hole and Samantha is on the other side digging just as hard. They had found a chipmunk hole and were digging furiously trying to catch this poor little creature. Dan comes to the door and tells me that the dogs were now officially mine and he didn't have anything to do with them and their past time. Yeah, like I'm really buying that one!
I finally get finished in the kitchen and walk outside with the camera - these little pups where making the dirt fly and when I called them Samantha tried to hide. I did finally get a picture of
both of them with their dirty little faces. I'm sure I will end up having to give them another bath but for now I'm just trying to give them a "sponge bath" and get the majority of the dirt off before I let them in the bed.
As you can see, these little darlings were dirty from the tips of their noses to the tips of their tails. Oh well, what can you do?

Today was another busy day at the cabin, but it came in spurts. At times there would not be anyone in the cabin then 10 minutes later there would be 15 to 20. At one time there were over 40 - that is a little crowded! However, we met some of the most fascinating people and learn so much from them - today we met our first people that are full-time RVers like we are. We talked for quite a while and learned a lot about different parts of the country and where they would recommend us traveling to. It was very interesting and informative - they gave us a card with all their contact information and I hope to stay in touch with them.

I know my girls would like to see a picture of their "new" mom and I'll have Dan take a picture tomorrow and I'll post it then. I'm not sure what we are going to do this coming week - I know that I am going to encourage Dan to finally use those fishing licenses - he needs to get out there and see what he can do. Right now he has put in a movie (Bourne Supremacy) and so I guess I'll sign off for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...