Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Still in Great Falls

Hello everyone - well, as the title of the blog says we are still in Great Falls - the weather has gotten a little better - at least as far as the wind goes. The wind gusts have backed off now but today was really rough - on Logan's Pass they had a wind gust of 98 mph. We were on Logan's Pass two days ago - thank goodness we weren't there today!

We have had to unhook the water tonight - the temperature is suppose to be in the mid 20's tonight - right now (9 o'clock our time) it is 34 degrees. Tomorrow the high is suppose to get up to around 45 with snow showers expected with less than an inch accumulation. Oh boy - isn't that fun!!!

We didn't get the mail again today - so I called the mail service. They said it went out last Thursday and that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. So, it looks like we will stay here one more day since the mail isn't delivered until after 1 in the afternoon and check out is at 11. Plus, when we were out this afternoon the "check engine" light came on - so Dan is going to take the truck in tomorrow and have it serviced (yes, we had that done down in Florida, but we have put a lot of miles on it since then). Anyway, it is always a good thing to make sure everything is okay before we start on the "big" leg of this trip! So, while he is getting the truck serviced I will finally try and get the 'house' cleaned up!

Today, just to pass the time we rode out to some of the falls that are around here (actually there are a series of four falls that go across the Missouri river). They were really pretty - but they had built a dam above the falls so the pictures I took show the dam. So, I know you are wondering where are the pictures. Well, for some reason I can't get them to download on my computer tonight. I will keep trying and if I can't get them tonight I'll post them as soon as I can.

We also went to the Lewis and Clark interpretative center today (to kill time) and it was very interesting. There was quite a bit of information about the expedition that I was not aware of - like did you know that of all the men in the expedition that only one died and that was before the expedition started (he died of a ruptured appendix). None of the men that actually went on the expedition died. Plus, did you know that if it had not been for several different Native American women the expedition would have failed? It was really interesting to get all the actual facts and not just the stuff that we are sometimes taught in school (okay, I was a school teacher and I know that sometimes what we are taught might not be what actually happened). Once again, I had taken quite a few pictures - I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

We also went to Walmart this afternoon - had to get Dan's antibotics prescription filled and I had to get my Imitrex before we leave. Don't want to take the risk of having a headache while in Canada - don't know how I would get my prescription filled. Anyway, we got everything that we need and we should be okay for the next leg of our adventure.

Tonight Dan took his bandages off and we soaked his toes in Epsom salts before putting new bandages with anti-bacterial cream on them. Following the sheet that the doctor gave us on how to care for his little toes. He is amazed that he is not having any real pain with them - I have given him a couple of doses of Tylenol. The doctor told us that he might need some Tylenol and that would be okay for him to take. Right now everything looks good - let's just keep it that way.

Well, I hope that you are having a good week - of course, I wouldn't know since I haven't heard from anyone other than Donna and Bruce (thanks guys, nice to know that someone is there!). Tomorrow night will be my last post for awhile unless we have wireless Internet at a campground I will not be able to post on my air card. So, for the last time for a while I will say - take care and ---------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...