Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 5, 2010 Last Day in Great Falls

This morning we woke up to snow - the weather men called for 1 to 2 inch accumulation and they were right. These pictures were taken around 9 this morning and by 12 we probably had around 2 inches on the ground. Not sticking to the roads but, as you can see, to the grass and vehicles.
They are calling for another 1 to 2 inches tonight - had to undo the water hose again tonight - low around 27. It has been a crazy few days, but it has all worked out in the end.
We are going to leave tomorrow - the mail finally came today and we got everything situated with the credit card. I had to call a couple of places that automatically bill the card every month and change the card number (like the extended warranty people and the mail service), but that is taken care of and I don't have to worry about it any more. I also made sure there was a note put on the account that we will be traveling in Canada so they don't put a hold on the account - now that we finally have the card.
I was able to get the house cleaned today - at least as best I could. There are still some things that couldn't be done - for example, Dan couldn't find the broom or the mop - so I had to use the vacuum on the floors and I "mopped" the floors with a wash cloth and cleaner. Not exactly the way I wanted to do it, but it got done. I also did one more load of clothes - so that is finished also.
Late this afternoon we went to Walmart and picked up the last minute groceries. I spent time today cooking some ground turkey and some chicken breasts - now I can use these during the week while we are traveling - spaghetti one night and maybe something Mexican with the chicken breasts. At least it will be easy to put together supper a couple of nights while on the road. I also made some egg salad so we can have a little bit of a change up from the ham and turkey sandwiches while traveling. It should work out okay.
That pretty much covers what happened today - I'll be sure and keep the camera up front with me while on this leg of the adventure. We will never know what we might see along the road. I didn't tell you that I'm not feeling too well - not sure if I am coming down with a cold or what, but I took some cold medicine and I'm ready for bed. This will be the last post for a couple of days - at least until we find a park that has WiFi Internet in the campground. As I said, my air card won't work while we are in Canada - so if you don't see a post for a couple of days don't worry - just keep checking back with me - I'll post whenever I can.
You guys take care and I wanted to leave you with one more picture of the snow here today - hope you enjoy and ------------------




I'll talk to you down the road!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You need to check out the pictures and videos I posted on Facebook of that place you wanted me to check into for you. Let me know what you guys think.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...