Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010 - Just another 'adventure'

No pictures tonight, but I did have an interesting day. When I got up this morning Dan told me that he had to do something about his toe - I had no idea what he meant. Well, come to find out he had an infected big toe and his toe nail was majorly ingrown and a real mess. So, I spent the morning finding a doctor for us to go see.

I finally found a place that said you didn't need an appointment and off we went. We go into the office (big building) and ask for a podiatrist - they send us across the street to another building. So, off we go to that building - up to the second floor. No, we needed to be in the first building, but on the opposite side of where we were at the Immediate Care Clinic. So, we go back to the first building but to the west side of the building. There we were seen in about 15 minutes. The doctor took one look at his toe and said the toe nail needed to be removed. When we explained that we were from out of town and on our way north he said for us to wait while he made a few phone calls. He came back in about 5 minutes later and directed us to another doctor's office and said that they would see us today. Off we went to the other office - another big huge new building - we filled out the paperwork and were back in the exam room before I could finish all the paperwork. The doctor came in and looked at the toe and said the whole nail didn't need to come off, just part of it. Then he told her about his other toe. Well, to make a long story a little shorter she removed half his big toe nails on both toes. He was amazed at how easy it was and is now mad at himself that he waited this long to get it done.

We didn't get home until around 1 o'clock. I fixed lunch and then cleaned up the kitchen. Then it was off to the laundromat to get the laundry done. I got everything done except the rug in the entry - will try and get to that tomorrow. Maybe, maybe not. I didn't get the unit cleaned today like I first intended, but I have most of tomorrow to do that. We will need to get to Walmart and get things there -plus we have a prescription for antibiotics, just in case we need them.

We went up to Barnes and Nobles tonight and picked up a couple of books for Dan and then we went over to Chili's for dinner. We came back home and the wind was even stronger than it had been all day - so Dan decided we needed to pull the slides in to stop any risk of tearing up the awning over the slides. So, I am sitting in the bed doing the blog and he is lying in bed reading.
Such is the life of a full timer. Well, you never know what new "adventure" Dan is going to take me on - he sure does keep life interesting.

I'm going to close for tonight - I'll fill you in on what we decide to do about the trip tomorrow - btw - the mail did NOT come today - I sure hope it gets here tomorrow!!! Take care and ----

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!


  1. Patience is a virture, Carol. Any adventure will take plenty of it. God is just checking to make sure yours is up to snuff. Seems it is.

  2. Virtue - excuse my misspelling.

  3. Dan

    Tip for ingrown toenail recuperation. . .

    It takes months for the nail to heal, and in the meantime be very careful to wash it and dress it daily with some sort of mild antibiotic cream (my podiatrist prescribed some sort of "silver" cream, but I think neo-sporin will work).

    If you don't keep it dressed, it will infect. . .

    good wishes -- bruce

  4. Thanks Donna and Bruce - I will let Dan know - but we will make sure to follow the doctor's instructions. So far, all is well!


Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...