Saturday, May 29, 2010

Campground Full

This is going to be short and sweet tonight. We have had a busy day making sure everything ran smoothly with all the campers coming in today. I think we have done pretty well, knock on wood. The campground is full and everyone is where they are suppose to be. Of course, we still have to get through the evening - Hopefully we won't have any drinking incidents or problems in the campground - but only time will tell - keep your fingers crossed. We will lock the gates in about 40 minutes and then see what happens - I will be sure to let you know tomorrow.

Marci, her dad Don, and his wife Georgiana came out to visit for a little while today. Don was our neighbor in North Carolina and I sold his house for him. We were going to go in to Marci's for dinner tonight, but with the holiday weekend it was decided that we needed to stay on site. Marci said that we would get together after the 4th of July as they are going to be out of town for a couple of weeks and then her husbands family is coming in for a visit. It was nice to see Don as we haven't seen him but once since I sold his house about 2 years ago. He and Georgiana are flying back down to Seattle tomorrow so today was the only time we could get together.

Well, other than that things have been pretty quiet - I did three loads of laundry today, so it's all caught up again (I even did the towels). I also cooked a roast in the crock pot for dinner which was pretty good. We have been here a week now ( 15 more to go) and I think that things are going well so far. Let's just hope that things continue to go well.

I think I will sign off for tonight - I am sure that you all are busy enjoying your holiday weekend. Please just take a moment, sometime this weekend, and remember why we have this holiday - thanks to the men and women of all branches of the armed forces who have given their lives so we can enjoy our freedom - too often we forget to say thank you - so, if you happen to see someone in uniform, walk up and shake their hand and thank them for their sacrifice. It will make their day!

Good night all - take care, be safe, and ---------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...