Sunday, April 18, 2010

Par Tay!!!!

We had a pretty good day at the store this morning - actually it was busier than I thought it would be. We had a lot of people coming in and asking questions but I sold some stuff too. So, it was a good mix. We have to work tomorrow also - it's the 11 to 3 shift - I really don't like that shift - by the time you eat breakfast you don't want lunch before you go to work and then it is so late by the time you get home that you are starving and then you don't want supper - it just messes up your whole day. Oh well, it's the last time we have to work that shift so I shouldn't complain.

This afternoon, just as we came in from work, we had a nice surprise - a couple from Dowling Park pulled up to our camping spot! Paul and Flo Cook were up at their time share in Helen and came by to see us. They came in and visited for a little over an hour and caught us up on everything that is happening at ACV. What is really funny - last night when we went up to the Lodge to eat dinner we saw another couple from ACV. They had just spent the day in Cleveland and just came up to Unicoi to see if they could find us. They were sitting on the porch and Dan saw them. So, we had a nice visit with them also. Counting Carol and Neil we have had four different couples come up to Unicoi to see us - That is really nice that they all took the time to come. We really appreciate that they went out of their way to come visit with us.

Then this evening we went over to Don and Judy's for our "going away" party. It was really fun - we had hamburgers, potato salad, chips, and all the fixings. We also had some things that were left over from the wildflower and edible plant walk yesterday - things like violet jam, wild garlic dip, fiddle fern quiche, poke salad, just to name a few. Actually all the edible plant stuff was really good - Dan and I brought home some of the wild garlic dip and the violet jam. Of course, all the food that Judy and the other ladies fixed was excellent. It was nice to sit around the campfire and talk and just laugh and have a great time. (Of course, I forgot to take my camera over so I don't have any pictures.)

Dan has already headed for bed and I think I'm going to take the girls out and join him. I'll read for a little while before turning out the light, but I don't think for very long. I hope you all had a great weekend! Take care - have a good week ahead - and --------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...