Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mom's

Today was a productive day at mom's. First we had a really good breakfast that Mom cooked here at home - eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits - Yummy! The boys (mom's great grandsons who are twins and live with my brother) came up and ate some breakfast with us too. They are two years old and FULL of energy. The pups aren't really sure about them and we have a lot of barking while they are around because they run all the time. Anyway, things went well and they ate then went back downstairs.

After breakfast we loaded the back of the truck with stuff that Mom wanted to donate to Goodwill - when I say loaded I mean LOADED - but it was good to get the stuff out of her house. Then Dan took me to Wal Mart and dropped me off to get my nails done while he and Mom went to Lowe's to pick up mulch. They picked up a pallet of mulch and then came back to Wal Mart to get me - I wasn't quite ready yet so they went shopping while I was finishing up.

Then we headed back to the house for me to do laundry (yes, I pulled a college kid stunt and brought laundry home to Mom's to do). While the laundry was going I helped Dan (a little) hang some Roman shades in the sewing room and then we hung some wall art in "our" bedroom. Dan also went out to Dicks Sporting Goods to look around - he didn't buy anything but he was gone for a couple of hours. After he came home he took a shower and we headed off to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I had called the girls to meet us, but they had other things they had to do tonight - hopefully we will see them this weekend.

I said that I would post some pictures today - the first picture is a tree in mom's front yard - and the picture at the bottom is of a double daffodils that is also in her front yard. We saw the first dogwoods opening on the way done and I'm sure they will be opening in the park soon - I'll be sure to post pictures when they are.

When we leave here tomorrow we plan on going by Fort Yargo State Park and making reservations for the end of the month when we come down for Mom's birthday party. Then we won't have to worry about that - I guess that we will go to the church and look at the rec hall tomorrow - we didn't do that today (don't ask me why - I don't know). Hopefully we will get away fairly early.

Hope you are having a great week and -------------------



I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spring pictures. I think everyone was worried it would never come. Yours truly included.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...