Thursday, April 15, 2010

a little visit to Franklin

We went back up to Franklin today and looked around. Seriously, we had seen a little (985 sq.ft.) log cabin advertised in the Real Estate magazine and we went up to look at it - it did have possibilities IF the price had been right BUT the guy is asking way more than it is worth in today's market. It has been on the market for almost 2 years and no offers and he has only come down on the price about $6,000 - I don't think he is serious. Anyway, it was nice just to go up and look around.

We also went by our cousin's place in Franklin - they have a summer home there and arrived for the summer last weekend - so we just dropped by there and visited for a little while. Then we went out to lunch with the realtor and his wife, who just happen to be friends of ours. Ray and Debbie worked at the company that I worked for before Dan and I left Franklin about two years ago. Plus, we went to the same church. It was nice to be able to spend some time with them.

Actually, Dan and I have talked and we have almost decided that when we are ready to go back to a "sticks and bricks" we will probably be back in Franklin. It is hard to explain, but Franklin feels like 'home' much more so than Florida does now. I don't know how to explain it to people - it is just a feeling we get when we get there - we feel like we are home. Anyway, I'm sure that is a little ways away - we have the next 6 months already booked so it's not something that is going to happen tomorrow (not like we usually do things!).

After we got home we spent some time with the pups before going up to the Lodge for soup and salad ($7.45). Then it was coming home and settling in for the night. Tomorrow I am going to clean house and catch up on the laundry - I think Dan MIGHT wash the outside of the unit - we'll see, since we are not suppose to wash the RV in the park. Not sure how that will work out but it sure does need to be cleaned up some.

Well, I'm going to sign off for tonight. Hope your week has gone well - one more day in your work week - we work this weekend (actually we only have four more days to work here before we are done - Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Monday, and then Thursday morning - unbelievable!) Take care all and ------------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know of a much bigger house up there for sale. I think you're familiar with it. I have no idea of the price but I bet it is coming down from previous prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - the market up there is really down!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...