About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my little corner of the world - I'm glad you are here!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Shopping in Sebring

Today we went into town and bought the "blue boy" (finally!) and it was actually less than the one we looked at earlier - and it is made by the same manufacturer and, to make it even better, it is larger! Dan did not set it up yet - that will be a job for tomorrow (maybe). I say maybe because we have so many people in the park right now - we have the festival tomorrow and a lot of people have come in for that. I don't think that they will all be here after Sunday - which is my first day of actual work, but we will have to see.

Tomorrow, as I said, is the big CCC festival and we have been told to expect 2,000 - 3,000 people here for the day - the festival starts at 10 and runs till 4. I told Dorothy that I would help her with the vendors in the morning (7:30 - what was I thinking??????) then I was asked this evening if I could help at the ranger station from about 11:30 till 2:00 - that will get all my time in plus some. Anyway, I don't mind - if they need the help that is why we are here - to help were they need help. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went. I might even take the camera out with me at some point and take some pictures.

Dan and I also went to Books-A-Million today and to Bed Bath and Beyond - we bought a couple of books each (I had finished all my Dan Brown books - how did you like Angels and Demons, Crystal?????) and then we went over to BB and B - I wanted one of those paper towel holders that is weighted and you don't have to hold it to tear a paper towel off. Anyway, we got it and a bunch of other stuff that we decided we HAD to have and walked out spending about $150.00 - oh well, it's only money - right???

After we left there we had to go to Wal Mart - Dan needed some things there and I said that we didn't need any groceries - wrong - by the time we left Wal Mart there was another $200.00 gone. We have GOT to go to work so we will quit spending money. We did buy a longer water hose - so now we are actually using the type of water hose you are SUPPOSE to use for drinking water and I did buy a pair of black jeans to wear with my gray uniform shirt. I also bought some hair color (it's about time to color my hair again - darn gray roots!) I did make sure I didn't get anything that said "copper" on it anywhere - no more red hair for me! We also bought a few groceries - but we should be set for awhile.

Melissa came over after she got off work and we went back into town - to Books-A-Million - she wanted to pick up the new book in the series she is reading - then we went to Wal Greens because I was going to download my pictures from my external hard drive and get prints made because I had a coupon from Wal Greens that 4 X 6 prints were .10 each with no limit - well, thank goodness, the prints wouldn't load from the hard drive. We came back home and started to download them from my computer to the web (actually the pictures I had "syn"ed to the web on Picassa - when we realized that I had over 2,000 pictures (like 2,147) - Dan said that was over $200.00 just for pictures - soooooo, I am going to have to go through them and decide which pictures I want to print out and make a new folder then get the pictures printed. I'll get more offers from Wal Greens for .10 prints so I'm not going to worry about the deadline on the coupon I have now.

Well, that was the extent of our day - tomorrow should be exciting and tiring. I'll let you know.

Talk to you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. There is a nice secondhand book store right off the square in historic Sebring. It is run by a Christian organization. The books are arranged alphabetically by author and grouped according to the genre you like to read. The prices are reasonable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dennis - sounds good to me. I love to read and with this new 'lifestyle' I don't have room to store so I just give them away when I have finished reading. Any way to save a buck!

    ReplyDelete