Saturday, November 14, 2009

Football Saturday!!!!

We have TV!!!!! Last week before I got sick I called Dish Network and told them that our receiver was fried (must have happened when the power inverter fried). Anyway, they UPSed us a new one - it came in on Thursday (we can actually have things mailed and shipped to the ranger station). So, while I was lying in bed Dan actually got on the phone and talked to Dish and had the received activated AND got the local channels. We really didn't think we would be able to get any reception on the Dish - but look - it works!!! I have actually been able to watch football all day today - including the Alabama game tonight (and the Florida game this afternoon).

Dan went into Lakeland today and picked up the little cycle - I think we are going to try and sell it - Dan says that if someone in the campground takes a 'liken' to it we would see it for the same price that we paid Dale for it. Then we will have to decide what we are going to do with the other cycle - I would also like to sell it, but we bought it for Dan and he will have to decide what he wants to do with it. If he does decide to sell it, I hope that we can get what we paid for it back.
After I fixed dinner (which I didn't eat - will explain that later) he went down to the circle to hear the bluegrass band that is playing in the park tonight. (opps, he just came back in - he forgot to carry a chair and a over shirt - he said that it was a little cool outside.)

While I am feeling better than I have for the last two days - I can tell that I'm not over whatever it is that I've had. I haven't felt like eating much (which is why I didn't eat supper) but at least I have been out of the bed all day and I did get the laundry done (I absolutely HAD to get the laundry done or I would be going to work without my uniform). I didn't go down to hear the music with Dan or go to Lakeland with him - I just didn't feel like getting that far away from home - plus I would have missed the Florida- South Carolina game. I certainly hope that I'm better tomorrow since I do have to work - and we will have lots of people checking out - the campground has a lot of people - mostly a church group I think. Anyway, at one point today all the kids were on bicycles and there must have been over a hundred - but I didn't have my camera where I could get a picture, but it was pretty neat. My stomach is not better yet but at least I don't have the chills like I had on Thursday. I don't know what this is, but I have heard that several of the other volunteers have had the same thing. I'm at about 75 percent today and hopefully I'll be at around 95 to 100 percent tomorrow.

I hope you all had a good Saturday and I'll talk to you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...