Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What did I do today????

I'm not sure what I did today, but I was extremely busy! I did do a load of laundry in the unit - yeah for the washer and dryer! I also sorta of slept in (didn't get up till almost 9). I had had a bad night - a little stomach problems that worked itself out - and I didn't go to bed until after midnight - so not getting up till 9 is not that bad.

Of course, I straightened up the unit and took my shower and washed the dishes - that's just normal stuff. I did some farming on Facebook (one of my guilty pleasures) and did some research on possible places to work after Alaska - we just have to decide what part of the country we want to be in. We also called Good Sam about insurance on the rig and the truck. The insurance we have through State Farm is really just collision - and it does not take into consideration that we live in our unit full-time. This insurance does. It is a little more expensive than what we are paying now, but it does cover the rig like a homeowners policy would with liability and coverage after the unit is parked and not hooked to the truck. Of course, if we also cover the truck the combined rate is cheaper (multi-policy discount). Also, if - God forbid- we should have an accident there is only one deductible instead of two. We will discuss it a little more, but I think we will probably go with it (oh, BTW, it is underwritten by GMAC insurance company - so I think it is pretty dependable).

Then we went over to see Bud and Joyce for a few minutes then went by Jewel's house, but she wasn't home (we had bought her some Cinnamon-Raisin Bread at Atlanta Bread Company in Valdosta yesterday, but hadn't been able to catch her at home - she sure is a busy lady!). We came back to the house and by then it was time to eat. Dan said he didn't feel like cooking the pork chops on the grill and wanted to go to the "Gopher" (the little grill here at the village) for dinner. We did and I think we did fairly well with what we chose to eat - Philly Cheese Steaks sandwiches (I know - but at least the meat was grilled instead of Fried!). While we were eating guess who walked in - yep, Jewel. She came over and ate with us and then she came by the house so we could give her the bread.

Tonight I have been doing more research on the computer and that has been our day. Oh, Dan did work in the basement some - he was putting up some holders for his fishing rods on the walls of the basement and working on getting all his fishing tackle moved to his new tackle box. I'm not sure what we will do tomorrow - probably more of the same. Friday we will work at a "bag" sale here at the Village from 10 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon. It should be interesting - I'll let you know on Friday.

I don't have anything else to report - all you people that are working - your half way to your weekend - hang in there. For the rest of us - just stay warm and dry and ------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...