Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh what a wicked web we weave!

Sorry I didn't post last night. Dan and I went over to a friends home for dinner (our sweet goodbye!) - have a fabulous meal and great company. However; after dinner I started feeling a little ill - so Dan and I left to come home. When we got home I got sick and then I went to bed. I think it had to do with my having a headache for a couple of days. Anyway, I went to bed and slept the night away and feel much better today.

Dan and I got up this morning and packed everything up and headed up to Lake Park. We didn't have any problems getting up here and getting set up ------then the trouble began. As we all know, we canceled Dish Network for DirecTV and they were suppose to install the new receiver today - the operative word here is "suppose". As I said, we got here with no problem, and I called DirecTV to give them our lot number. About 10 minutes later we get a phone call saying that the installer says we don't have the correct equipment - that the satellite on our unit will not pick up HD. Well, to make a long story short I have an argument with the installer - who hangs up on me and I call the DirecTV people and cancel the whole thing. So, now we don't have any satellite system at all. We called Dish and we can start our service up with them again - they will cancel the cancellation fee BUT we have to buy our equipment (around $149) and then they will charge us a $25.00 fee to turn the service back on. Well, we have decided to wait and see what we will have available when we get to Unicoi. If we have cable, then we will be fine. Of course, if we are under a lot of trees it won't matter if we have the service or not, because we won't be able to pick up anything anyway. So, we will just have to wait and see what we will do.
So much for all our great plans huh????

Tomorrow morning we will take the unit to the dealer between 8 and 8:30. We will have to find something to do for about four hours - plus we will have the pups with us. The dealer said they should be finished by about 12:30 or 1. I'm sure we can find something to do - we don't need to go to Wal Mart (did that tonight) nor pick up dog food (already did that too), so I'm not really sure what we will do, but like I said I'm sure we will find something to do.

Then we will have to decide if we are going to stay here another night - as originally planned - or start the trip up to Unicoi. We know that we won't make it all the way tomorrow (I don't want to get there after dark) but we have talked about going to Veteran's State Park which is in Cordele so about 2 hours up the road. We also have talked about going to Camper's World and look for a couple of things (like my folding clothes line) but I'm not sure if we will do that or not.

So, I guess what I am saying is we don't know what we will be doing tomorrow or tomorrow night. I'll fill you in as soon as I know. Hopefully you guys are having a great week and -----

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...