Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valdosta

Sorry I didn't post last night - don't have much of an excuse except that I was just tired. Anyway, I'll fill you in on yesterday and today.

First, let's start with yesterday. We went over to visit with one of our friends here in the village, Jewel. We hadn't seen her but once since we've been here - so we wanted to go over and just visit for a little while. Jewel needed some help with her SUV - she had a bad tire - so, Dan drove here car to Perry to the tire dealer while Jewel and I followed in her truck. Once we dropped the SUV off we went out to lunch. A really good meal, but I ate waaaaay too much - that's one of the reason's I don't like buffets - but it sure was good!!!! After we ate, we went back to the tire dealer and found out that there wasn't anything wrong with the tire. So, Jewel drove her truck back because she had to take a little side trip to Mayo and Dan and I took the SUV and went to the Super Wal Mart in Perry. We picked up a few things there (we only went in for a half gallon of milk and walked out with $160. worth of stuff. Then we drove back to the Village - dropped off Jewel's car and came home. About an hour after we got home Jewel dropped off a bowl of beef roast w/ potatoes and carrots (one of Dan's favorite meals). He really enjoyed his dinner - thanks Jewel!

Okay, now I'm going to back track even more - let's go back to the Pro Bowl - do you really want to call that a football game????? It was closer to a tag game. Nobody was really tackling - I know that they don't want to get anyone hurt, but come on. If they are going to play a game that way they should call it a Powderpuff game - come on man! Enough of that - on to today.

Carol and Neil came in yesterday and this morning they picked us up at 9 am. Dan had already gone and had his blood work done and we had already had breakfast and coffee. Carol and Neil wanted to go to the shoe store where we bought our shoes that we had purchased before the cruise. They also wanted to get some new shoes and they thought that was the best place to go. Dan and I also decided that we would buy a second pair and keep to use while we are gone this year. We have been told that the shoes are good for six months if you wear them all the time (which we do) and we are going to be gone for about eight months - so we thought we would get another pair each.

After we left the shoe store we ran by the Atlanta Bread Company and picked up some cinnamon raisin bread for us, Jewel and Bud and Joyce. Then it was off to Books a Million to look for Dan some more books (which he did not buy any - go figure). No money spent at the book store so then we headed for Cracker Barrel for lunch. (We all had chef salad's - which were really good!) Then we came home. After getting home Dan went over to Neil's and they went through the tools that we still have in the garage at Neil's house so we know what we are going to take down to Lake Placid. They decided that there will quite a few things that will be left here so Neil can use them while we are gone and Dan will have access to them when we come back to the Village. (Now our total load will be less - YEAH!)

Tonight I fixed dinner - Dan wanted a hamburger - so I had some in the freezer - we ran to the little grocery here and picked up some buns and some frozen potatoes which I cooked in the convection oven. It was a quick easy dinner. Kitchen is now clean and the coffee is made for in the morning. We have watched NCIS and now I'm not sure what we will do the rest of the evening - read?????

We have no plans for tomorrow - at least as far as I know right now - but with us you never know. One of our friends sent us pictures of their new unit - congratulations to Donna and Ted - I'm sure that you will really enjoy your new Hitchhiker.

That's all I have to talk about today - hope you guys are having a good week so far.

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...