Thursday, February 18, 2010

Doctor and CPA

Yesterday afternoon Dan went to the doctor and I went with him - just to make sure I got the right story. I am very pleased to report that all his blood work came back excellent - his blood pressure was good 137/82 and his cholesterol was also good - total 168. Everything looked good and after going over all the reports and stuff I left the guys to do their thing. We do have to have some blood work done while we are in Alaska just to stay on top of things - but that is fine, it's just something that needs to be done.

This morning we met with the son of a lady that lives here at the village for breakfast. He lives in Alaska and is a licensed guide. It was very interesting talking to him and hearing his take on what we can expect on our trip. (Including what the road conditions should be when we are there in May - we should be fine as far as snow on the road goes and the weather should be very good also.) Here's hoping! We have his email address and he has ours so we are going to try and stay in touch while we are there. Of course, he is close to Denali which will be about 800 miles away from where we will be, but it will be nice to stay in touch with a "native".

Then this afternoon we met with the tax guy - but we still aren't ready to sign on the dotted line. We didn't have some of the figures that, hopefully, will save us a little. Anyway, we got those figures to him this afternoon and we should have our return on Saturday. I think we are going to have to pay - but, hopefully, not much.

Tomorrow we are going to go into Lake City and do a little running around. I will go to Wal Mart and get my nails done and then we have a list of things that we want to pick up. One thing will be another little heater. The one we keep in the bedroom has quit - we bought this one a couple of years ago and it worked fine until last week. Then it will work a little then it will quit, then it will come on again. Anyway, to make a long story short, it is not reliable so we want to replace it as I am sure we will need a small heater in Georgia and Alaska. Then there are a few other minor things we need to pick up.

Tomorrow night we are going over to a friend's house for dinner. They are having another of their friends over who want to pick mine and Dan's brain about full-time RVing. It should be an interesting evening. I'll let you know how it goes.

If I have time tomorrow I also want to start working on getting the February figures compiled and the bank account balanced - it should not be that difficult this month. I think I did a better job of keeping track of things. With the new insurance on the RV and truck I don't think we will be putting any money in the saving account this month - but I'm hoping I won't have to take any out of savings. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I don't have anything else to report today - I hope all of you have had a good week and----

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...