Thursday, January 14, 2010

Warmth here we come!

Finally, tomorrow is the day! In the morning Dan and I, along with the girls, will leave for Carol and Neil's. Dan will probably spend the afternoon with Neil driving around in the woods while Carol and I go to Crystal River for my hair appointment and look around to see if there is anything we just leave in the store. (Seriously, I will be looking for a couple of shirts, if I can find them for the right price!) Dinner tomorrow night will be at Carol and Neil's house - I think Neil said it would be chicken and rice (Yum, Yum!) Then we will get up EARLY Saturday morning and head on down to Crystal River again (which is about 30 miles from their house) and be on board the bus before 7 am (the letter from the Travel Agency said that we were going to leave at 7 on the dot - we'll see, I'll believe that when I see it). Anyway, we will head down to Miami (yes, we sail out of the port in Miami - not Ft. Lauderdale) and the ship sails at 4 pm. We can hardly wait!

Of course, our first port is suppose to be the Dominican Republic but I don't know if we will sail there or not - the cruise line can change our ports of call and I'm not sure if they will want to sail there or not - what with all the rescue stuff going on (we really feel for the people of Haiti - I sincerely hope that the rescue efforts go well and that they are able to save all the people that they can). We will just have to wait and see what happens with the cruise. I'll let you know when we get back. I plan on taking lots of pictures for you to see.

I finished packing today and Dan actually did his packing. I gave the pups a bath and we will put their flea/tick medicine on them in the morning before we leave here (already have it laid out so I don't forget). I also gave them their heartworm medicine today - so that is all done. I have even packed their little bag (you know, dog food, treats, and toys to play with along with their blanket). They both know that something is going on and until we all get in the truck they don't want to let us out of their sight. We also took some dishes back that Joyce and Jewel sent leftovers home with us (Joyce, if you read this know that I have your other dishes ready and I'll bring them to you when we get back). I also straightened up the "house" so I think we are all ready to go.

I hope you all have a good week next week - and that the weather warms up for all of you. Take care and -----------------------

I'll talk to you NEXT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...