Friday, January 8, 2010

Another day same ole story

COLD - that is the name of the game. According to the weathermen that will be the story all weekend and all week next week. To tell you the truth - I'm tired of this. I didn't come back to Florida to be freezing my a** (excuse the french) off. Now, I don't like to complain (you couldn't tell that by the last few days posts) but enough is enough! Really, I don't mind a couple of days of cold weather (especially is there is a little snow included) but over a week of this and another week to look forward to is not my idea of fun. Now, I know that some people are having it much worse, and I really do feel for them, but I'm in F-L-O-R-I-D-A for goodness sakes - it is NOT suppose to get this cold here and stay this cold for this amount of time. I'm ready to pack my bags and take this camper somewhere else - problem is, I don't know where it is warm. Oh well, we just will have to deal with what we are dealt. (In case you are wondering - yes, Dan has unhooked the water and put the hose in the basement - He has also made a little tent over the water spigot and has a light plugged in to keep it warm - we'll see how that works out for us.) BTW, for those that suggested we let water run - we know that would probably work and we did think about it, but we just don't want to waste the water)

Okay, enough about the weather. I did laundry today, so it's all caught up again. Only cost us $3.00 - pretty good, if you ask me. While we doing the laundry we meet one of our "neighbors" here in the park. She was raised in Land Between the Lakes - which is one of Dan's favorite places. Anyway, she and her husband invited us to meet them for dinner at the Cafe tonight. So, we had dinner out with them - I had the salad bar and Dan had the salad bar and grilled chicken strips (which we put on our salads). Cost - $12.00 plus a $3.00 tip. Not too bad for dinner out for two. It was a nice break and we did enjoy getting to know our neighbors some.

I think we have changed our plans on who will be keeping the pups when we are on the cruise. Due to the weather and all you have to go through with the unit we are not going to have the lady here at the Village keep them. Our friends Neil and Carol's (who are going on the cruise also) sister said that she will stay with them at their (Neils and Carol's) house while we are gone. We will pay her the same thing we would have paid the lady here, but we won't have to worry about trying to show someone who has never stayed in a 5th wheel how to turn the water off, and all the other little things that we do. Hopefully, it will work out fine. Neil's sister has pet sat before, just not our pups. We know her and know that she will take good care of them - so all should be fine.

I don't think we have anything planned for the weekend - other than trying to stay warm. I hope that you all are staying warm also (Crystal, I hope that you didn't have any problems getting home tonight in Atlanta - I know that the roads were icy - just be careful!) Take care and ----------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...