Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shopping!

Today we went back into town and did a little shopping. Dan went into Dick's Sporting Goods and looked around while I went over to Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought a couple of Yankee Candles (not the big jars - the smallest jar and a couple of votives) - the jar was a new candle for this year called Farmer's Market and the votives were McIntosh Spice and Spiced Pumpkin - have to get some fall scents going on. Those of you that know us know that we love our candles and I really like to burn candles in the fall and winter. It sure has made the 'house' smell good today.

After we left those stores we went over to Best Buy - I wanted to look for some stuff for my camera - I lost a lens cap and I wanted to get another one, I also wanted to look for a hood for my lens (it goes around your lens and blocks out light), and I wanted to look for a bag for my computer. I always put it in the truck with us and it is getting scratched up on the top, plus I figured it needed some protection. Anyway, they didn't have a bag that I liked for my computer - plus the ones they had was WAY too expensive - I did get a lens cap and found out that I have to order the hood from Canon (they don't carry them in the stores anymore). While we were there we looked at external hard drives (I have a fear of my computer crashing and I would lose all my pictures). Anyway, they had a nice one on sale - so we got one and I came home and backed up all my pictures on the external hard drive (this thing will hold 92,000 pictures - not too bad).

Then we left Best Buy and went over to Target - just wanted to take a look around - I love to look at fall stuff - even when I don't buy anything. I did find a cover for my computer and only paid $14.00 for it (clearance is a good thing). So, that was our shopping experience today. Picked up some things that we needed and that we wanted.

We came home and I balanced the checkbook - moved some money into savings and caught the 'black book' up on the purchases we have made since leaving Idaho - the only thing I don't have in the book now is the gas purchases (I'll try and get those put in tomorrow). We made our reservations at Indian Lake campground in Michigan today - but only did it for a week - we'll look at other options after we get there - the campground was a little expensive ($20.00 a day plus tax) so a week cost us $185.50. When we get there, if the park is really nice, with electricity, water, and sewer, then $20.00 a night is not bad - we will see when we get there. We will leave for Michigan in the morning - we aren't going to be in a hurry, but we plan on being there by 3:00 or 3:30. We talked to Dale today and we are looking forward to seeing him, as well as Cindy, Rod, and Bonnie tomorrow.

I did fix dinner here tonight - as well as lunch - actually we ate out of the refrigerator for lunch - I ate the rest of my dinner from last night (Chicken Chipote Wrap) and Dan had a chicken salad sandwich with pasta salad. Tonight I fixed spaghetti with garlic bread and a nice tossed salad. It was really good and we have a little spaghetti left for lunch tomorrow.

Well, I don't have anything else to report - I hope that everyone is having a good week. I'll have pictures for you tomorrow - it will be our first night in Michigan - so another new state for me. Let me know what you think of our shopping expedition or anything else - it does help let me know that you guys are out there and reading.

Take care and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...