Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 7 - Bear Lake, Utah



That's snow on them there hills ladies and gentlemen! Is there snow where we are now? No, of course not. We passed up to snow to be on a lake in Northern Utah - Dan wanted to be on a lake so here we are. He just came in with the dogs and said that we are in mosquito heaven - what did he expect - we are on a lake!

We did have some problems again today - first of all the door came off AGAIN! Dan says it is going to stay off until we get "home". Then on top of that, when we hooked up the power the left side of the 5th wheel did not work - Dan had to take the cover off the panel box and see if he could figure out what was the matter -the circuit kept kicking off - we ended up unplugging the printer and wonder of wonder the power came on and stayed on.

On our way here we stopped at a Wal Mart and picked up some baking potatoes, salad, and a chicken. After we arrived and got the power situation fixed and the broken door off the track I fixed dinner - I even warmed up the ribs that were left from our supper last night. It was pretty good even if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow we should make it the rest of the way into our work location. (Which by the way, was when I originally said we would be there.) We are suppose to stop in Ashton, Idaho to fill out some paperwork. We are only about 4 to 5 hours away so we should be able to get in early and get set up in our new "home". I will take lots of pictures tomorrow so you all will see where we will be spending the next two and a half months. I can't wait!!!!

Keep sending those comments - let me know what you think of the blog and I'll try and answer any questions you may have!

1 comment:

  1. The blog is better than a phone! I have really started looking forward to each evening so I can read what ya'll are up too! Love the pictures also! Be Safe...Love ya'll Dana

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...