Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bryce Canyon





Hello everyone - these are just a couple of the many pictures I took today at Bryce Canyon Utah - this place is absolutely amazing!!!! I can not begin to describe the absolute beauty and the pictures can only tell part of the story - this is truly a place that has to be seen to be appreciated. We are only a relatively short drive from the Grand Canyon, but I would say that there were only about 1/16 the number of people here that there were at the Canyon.


Yesterday we drove quite a distance and then spent probably 3 hours at the Canyon. Then we had another 3 to 4 hour drive to find a place to stay for the evening. We finally set up camp around 8:30 our time - that would be around 11:30 EDT. Then we ate dinner and I was ready for the hot tub - that sure felt good - very relaxing and we were then able to come in and go to bed and sleep.


This morning we were up at 6:30 our time (our bodies haven't quite adjusted to this new time yet) and were on the road by 8:00 - drove about 4 hours and decided to stay here at Bryce in a lovely campground. We figured we would have a leisurely day at Bryce and then come back into camp and have a quiet evening. We did splurge tonight and actually went out to eat for the first time on this trip. Dan had an all you can eat buffet (is that any surprise to anyone??) and I had the Bar-B-Que Ribs. They were wonderful and so many that I brought half of them home. (Boy, was I popular when I walked in the door - the puppies smelled those ribs and I was their best friend - however; they didn't get any!) The meal ran $43.00 plus tip but it was worth it to have a meal out after a week on the road.


We talked to our "boss" in Idaho today - and we will start up that way starting tomorrow - we will plan on being there on Friday - Salt Lake City tomorrow - Idaho Falls Thursday and into West Yellowstone on Friday. We are sorta getting anxious to get there and see what things will be like - we think we are going to be right on the river - I'm even excited about getting there.


Well, I'm going to close for tonight. Take care all and keep the comments coming! (BTW, thanks Kim for the information on my computer - it will come in handy in the future.)


2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so breathtaking and your camera takes great photos! I'm just glad we can see them now that the downloading/uploading problem is solved :) I can't wait to see some Yellowstone pics once you arrive, maybe they can be used to convince you know who to visit... just saying.

    You're very welcome! I hope its helpful should you need it.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kim - we'll have to work on you know who. She might actually enjoy it - even if it isn't in the city.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...