Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Remodeled Laundry Room

Last week I shared the master bathroom remodel.  This week I thought I would show you my new laundry room.


This was my lovely laundry room when we bought the house.  I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but the wall behind the washer and dryer is, yep you guessed it, ANGLED!



In the far corner is the hot water heater and to the left in this picture was the dreaded corner pantry.  Actually, you had to stand sideways and scoot into the pantry.  It was not the ideal situation to say the least.


Day One of the Demolition:


There's Mountain Man surveying all the damage - actually the place looks really good because we cleaned up the work site every day at the end of the day.  It made things go so much smoother.

Now, if you look past all the awful wallpaper you can see the water heater there in the background.  Things were about to change even more.


A different "angle" of the room.  We'll talk about the ceiling at a later date, when I do the kitchen post, but you can see a better shot of the wallpaper and where the laundry room is located in reference to the bathroom.


By day three - walls were going back up.  If you look closely you can see where the plumbing is for the washer - but I don't like this arrangement and I want to change things up some.


A better shot of where the angle was on the floor and where the plumbing was.  We knew that we were going to move the plumbing - so I asked, "If we are going to move the plumbing anyway, can we move the hot water heater and put the washer and dryer on the back wall?"  Now, MM was not too sure about this - he was worried about the expense of moving all this, but after talking to the plumber (yes, we hired a plumber to do this) he didn't think it was a big deal.  He thought we could move the hot water heater into the garage where we had a utility sink that we never used and move the plumbing for the washer/dryer to that back wall.



Eight weeks into the project and I have a new laundry room - or at least the first stage of the laundry room.  We bought a new front loader washer and dryer (which I love!) along with the pedestals.  We installed cabinets that match the cabinets in the kitchen to create a good flow.  However, there was still so much I wanted to do to this room (you know me, I can't leave anything alone - LOL!)


We decided that we needed additional storage, but we didn't want just more cabinets.  We decided to put in shelves on the rail system - so, if I needed I could change up the configuration.  These pictures were taken right after we installed the shelves - and they aren't even painted yet!



Oops, laundry in the washer.  Oh well, I've said that this is real life in this house!

These are the shelves in the laundry room today.  Nicely painted and decorated.  I have used them for some storage of equipment that won't fit into cabinets - although the blender is stored somewhere else now.  However, since this is the entrance into the house from the garage, I wanted to make sure that it looked nice.


These are a couple of pictures that we have owned since we lived in North Carolina.


This shot gives you a little bit of perspective of where the pictures are in the room.

Here are some close-up shots of the shelves.




Our "bear" cookie jar!


Some of the preserves that I have put up - the stock is getting a little low.  Looks like I'll be working on some more this summer.



I even have one of my crocks in the laundry room for decoration.

This shot also shows the wood floors we had installed - I love the dark wood - and the pups water dish!

Then, of course, I have to have something for the pups.



What this sign says is so true.


Samantha Ann agrees!


Then I have Jessie who gets a mouth full of food, puts it on the rug, and then eats it.  How about you guys?  Do your dogs do that?  (Oh, please excuse Sam's rear end - but these pictures are not cropped or enhanced - this is just the way it is in our house!)

So, this is a tour of our new laundry room. 

I think we made quite an improvement from this ----



To this ------




Hope you agree.

Hugs -

Carol

I was featured at:

you are talking too much


Share Your Creations


I'm linking up to:

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2012/02/show-and-tell-22.html

35 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it! :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna - glad you came over and checked it out!
      Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Anna, if I had a pretty laundry room like yours, I might not dread spending time there. You planned it out very well and that shows in the results. You and I have Doxies in common. I have a tan one and a reddish brown one. They are trouble makers but I love them. I also have a long coat chihuahua who is featured on my blog sometimes. Thanks for linking up to my party. Your laundry room is gorgeous. Makes me want to clean mine (almost).----------
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon - thanks for coming by and checking me out! I've seen your chihuahua (with the cute little sweater on), but I didn't know you have doxies too! Sam and Jessie are very special little "girls" and are the best pups ever! I'm glad you like the laundry room - it does making doing the clothes a little easier - LOL! Oh, and don't worry about the name thing - happens to the best of us!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to call you Anna, I had just seen her comment and had that name on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That is quite the change. I don't think i could EVER done laundry if I had to look at that old wallpaper!

    Nice work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - that wallpaper was pretty bad - and it was in the kitchen too! I'll do a post on the new kitchen next week - you'll have to check it out - a BIG change too! Thanks for coming over and I hope you'll come back!
      Hugs!

      Delete
  5. What a transformation! So fresh and modern! Thank you so much for linking this up to the "Cowgirl Up!" Linky party. I really appreciate your participation.

    xo♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments Linsey - and thanks for hosting the "Cowgirl Up!" party.
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  6. Love the transformation of your laundry room! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now! (It's my very first one!)

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful comments - and I came over and posted on your link up party! Thanks for asking me to join in the fun!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  7. You probably do laundry a million times a day now, I know I would (ok, maybe not that much...) but it looks so good! This project would be perfect for our linky party featuring "Transformations" called Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal, I know our readers would love to see it too! (It starts Friday, March 2nd 2012 at 7:00 am MST and reoccures every 1st and 3rd Friday)

    -Whitney @ TheRoosterAndTheHen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney - I'll be sure to post on your linky party - Thanks for asking!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  8. oh wow! what a big difference! It looks pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about a transformation!! It all looks so lovely and we are so glad you shared this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing laundry in that room will be such a pleasure! You will always have clean clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, mayby not ALL the time, but it does certainly make doing laundry not such a chore
      - LOL! I appreciate the kind comment!
      Hugs-
      Carol

      Delete
  11. Thanks for linking up to my party at Jillify It! Hope to see you link up another project on Tuesday!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really a great job Carol you and mountain man did..Love your washer and dryer..my are antiques ha ha!! Hope you have a GREAT Sunday..hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gloria! You have a wonderful Sunday also!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  13. Ahhhhhhhh, much better than that old wallpaper!!!!:) What a transformation to say the least! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! what a difference!! I love that room

    http://lacasitadmaria.blogspot.com/
    María from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Thank you so much Maria! That is such a compliment and I do appreciate it so much.
    Hope you have an excellent day!
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great transformation! It looks like a space that you might actually want to spend some time in now. Would love for you to stop by Etcetorize and share this at the Make it Great linky party that starts tonight (http://etcetorize.blogspot.com). Hope to see you there~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind comments - I'll be more than happy to come over and share!
      Thanks for asking!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  17. Wow, what a difference! You can appreciate the transformation so much more when your own blood (hopefully not) sweat (inevitable) and tears (whether it be joy or frustration) are involved.
    Thank you for stopping by and checking out our project, too :-)

    Ooooh those word verifications required to post comments give me fits!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I've eliminated the word verifications from my blog (actually, I didn't even know it was on there! - So, all I can say sorry - hope the problem is solved now!) Thanks for the kind comments on the renovation - I do appreciate it very much!
      P.S. IF the word verification is still on - please let me know! Thanks!!!!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  18. I had to laugh! 2 of my 3 dogs eat like that! Love your laundry room! Doing an awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much BarbMed! What kind of doggies to you have????? Jessie is the first pup I've ever had that eats this way - and it just too cute (until you step on a piece of food bare footed!) Oh well, I love them both anyway!
      Hugs-
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...