Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu Monday



WOW!  Can you believe that February is almost over already??  Where has time flown?  The weeks just seem to go faster and faster!

Things have been a little hectic around here lately - I am working on a lot of projects for the shower I am co-hosting for my daughter and the first grand baby.  I so want to share what I have been doing, but I can't just yet.  I'll wait until after the shower when I can share all the projects as well as pictures of the actual shower - just come back in April to see everything!

Things might be a little different this week than what I had originally planned on the monthly menu calendar because - wonder of wonders - I think we might actually go somewhere in the camper next week.  If you have been following along for any time you know that the Mountain Man and I bought a camper waaaaaaaay back in October and have not been able to go anywhere due to one health issue or another.  Well, MM has finally been told that he is "good to go" so we are planning on taking our maiden voyage.  We looked at the calendar and figured IF we don't do it soon, with all the things coming up with the baby - like getting the nursery painted, furniture put together, multiple baby showers, finishing up projects for the nursery and the shower - well, we just wouldn't be able to get away at all until July.  So, to make a long story a little shorter, we are off to the races!

Okay, enough avoiding the reason for the post - how did I do this past week with sticking with the plan?  Pretty good - but you know, life happens, so there were a couple of days that we switched some things around.  Last Monday we still had so many leftovers in the refrigerator, MM did not want me to cook anything new (I don't know if it was because we had the leftovers or because he didn't want Taco Soup, but I can tell you that every time Taco Soup comes up on the menu he has some excuse for me NOT to fix it - I think it will come off the list of possibilities for future menu plans) - so we ate out of the fridge.  Tuesday we did have Pork Chops and rice but, I am sorry to say, that I waited too late to finish using the cabbage and it had gone bad :-(.  Instead, I pulled some frozen vegetables from the freezer and used them.  Wednesday and Thursday we stayed with the plan.  However, last night, MM decided he wanted a "store bought pizza", I still have not perfected my thin crust pizza recipe, so we ordered the $10.00 "Meal Box" from Pizza Hut - and watched our movie for this week - MONEYBALL with Brad Pitt.  Personally, I think my pizza is better than what we got last night - but MM seemed to enjoy it - and I didn't have to clean up the mess, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  Tonight is Chef's Choice - we will see what we pull out of the hat - probably leftovers!

Okay, let's see what we are SUPPOSE to have this week - and I'll let you know how well we stick to it next Monday!  Next week I'll also let you know how we did money wise (but I'll tell you know - I have only gone to the store TWICE all month to buy ANY groceries!  YaHOOO!)  My goal is to beat last month's total!

Okay - here's this weeks plan:

Sunday, February 26 - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Monday, February 27 - Oven Baked Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
Tuesday, February 28 - Pepper Steak and Rice
Wednesday, February 29 - Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Thursday, March 1 - Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Honeyed Carrots
Friday, March 2 - Homemade Pizza - MOVIE NIGHT
Saturday - March 3 - Chef's Choice

So, how did you do sticking with your menu plan last week?  Did you stick to it or stray a little like I did?  What do you have planned for this week?  Leave me a comment and let me know - I love hearing from you!


Linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. I always have emergency meals planned that are microwaveable or boxed that can be thrown in the oven. I have strayed from mine for weeks and still not used the emergency meals most weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to have things in the freezer that you can "escape" to and not do the fast-food run??? I always have some go to emergency meals that I can go to also - but I really try not to use them.

      Delete
  2. We were definitely on the same wave length this week. Difference, you already have your plan...ah, I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps! You'll get it together in no time!

      Hugs!
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...